New, Authorized L4D2 Server

bascom

New Authorized Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated Server Up & stable. Please try to break it.

Server Name- WWJD.DYNDNS.ORG
Server IP- 174.98.152.184:27015

--I need an admin to take rcon access & help configure this server

wwjdServers.png

New Authorized Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated Server Up & stable. Please try to break it.
Awesome! Now we can fire up 2 co-op games for those nights we're just not feeling like playing Versus but have more than 4 people. It's good to have options. :)

Server Name- WWJD.DYNDNS.ORG
Server IP- 174.98.152.184:27015
I'm not getting a response from that server in HLSW. Is it running at the moment or do you still need feedback on compiling the server configuration before it goes live?

--I need an admin to take rcon access & help configure this server
I've sent Whon a PM asking him to get in touch with you.

Wow how did this come about without my knowledge... in any case that's great. I suppose I wouldn't mind having admin rights/rcon since I am our chapter leader and server operator.

Wow how did this come about without my knowledge...
It all started with a post on the Minecraft Chapter Forum. bascom asked what other servers we'd like to run and an extra L4D2 server was one of the first that came to mind.

I suppose I wouldn't mind having admin rights/rcon since I am our chapter leader and server operator.
Of course, of course! :)

I'm not getting a response from that server in HLSW. Is it running at the moment or do you still need feedback on compiling the server configuration before it goes live?QUOTE]

It should be live. I sent Whon rcon and sftp permissions

It should be live. I sent Whon rcon and sftp permissions
Hm, I'm still not seeing it as live in HLSW, but it may still be joinable from in-game.

Do you have all the necessary ports open on the box? I know for my hobby TF2 server, I had to open ports 27015 (TCP and UDP) and 27020 (TCP and UDP) to make it accessible online.

Ok, I'm seeing it and I have the sftp access working. Now for my big question what can I do with it :) Like, can I upload custom maps and addons? Do you need me to install source mod and metamod? Just let me know what you are allowing us to do with your new toy :)

Feel free to change the web pages (in a webpages>l4d2 directory) These are tested nightly then uploaded to the production http://wwjd.dyndns.org site. Do with the l4d2 server as you wish with maps, mods, & configs, please keep/or add reference to it being hosted by wwjd.dyndns.org and keep the port set to 27015
wwjdServers.png

W00t I noticed that it's a windows server also that's nice since I've been having this sinking feeling that one of the reasons the 8 player co-op isn't working on the main server could be cuz it's linux (some posts I've researched are having the same problem) I may have to spend some time getting source and meta installed to see if the 8 player will work on it.

Back