Next L4D/L4D2 DLC info

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
Valve revealed today The Sacrifice, a new expansion for the Left 4 Dead series that will be compatible with both the first and second games in the series.

Along with this new chapter in the zombie survival saga, No Mercy - the hospital campaign from the first Left 4 Dead - will be updated and included for Left 4 Dead 2 players, who can then play through both these campaigns with the second game's weapons (those with only Left 4 Dead 1 will only have the first game's weapons).

The Sacrifice tells the story of the last Left 4 Dead 2 expansion, The Passing, from the perspective of the original game's cast. You'll find out how they managed to meet up with Left 4 Dead 2's cast, and at the end, will be able to choose for yourself which of the original cast dies (hence the expansion's name), rather than Valve simply pencilling it in.

The expansion is designed to work with both Left 4 Dead games, so if you've only got one of them, it doesn't matter, you'll be able to download and play this. The only difference will be those playing using Left 4 Dead 2 will get more weapons and the sequel's unique zombies.

A digital comic will begin next month to get everybody up to speed on the events of the campaign. The Sacrifice will be released as free DLC for the PC and Mac, while it will be a paid downloadable for the Xbox 360.

This was all revealed on the latest issue of GameTrailers TV; once videos are online we'll update and include them.

From Kotaku.

about time they start focusing on some L4D content.
Left 4 Dead 1. Isn't that that game that people paid $45 or $50 in 2008 based on the promise of additional content? The one where Valve said they would add new weapons, new zombies, and new campaigns and failed to deliver on two out of three?

Sorry, my memory's a little fuzzy. If someone could just confirm...

Left 4 Dead 1. Isn't that that game that people paid $45 or $50 in 2008 based on the promise of additional content? The one where Valve said they would add new weapons, new zombies, and new campaigns and failed to deliver on two out of three?

Sorry, my memory's a little fuzzy. If someone could just confirm...
You got all of that stuff. It's called Left 4 Dead 2. :p

You got all of that stuff. It's called Left 4 Dead 2. :p
Oh, my bad. I forgot the part where he said the additional content would cost an additional $50. :p

...Well, not for me. I received L4D2 as a gift. But still. You get my point.

Back