No we are not a Muslim site... Sorry

Lloren

Christian Gamers Alliance Forums Administrator
We briefly were hacked this morning along with a few hundred other sites from a hacker who exploited a new vulnerability in vBulletin.

Everything is restored and the hole used to get in has been plugged. Let me know if you see any oddities.

God bless.

1. Good Job getting the forums repaired!

2. Was this a hack that just redirected the start page or is there the possibility of any passwords being compromised and needing changing.

3. Are you saying you are sorry the forums got hacked or that we are not a Muslim site? I am sooo confused and need clarity and no this is not a serious question :p .

Thanks for the fix again :) . Note: Going to sleep now won't be back on for a long while.

Last edited:
It was a web based hack using a setup tool by vBulletin. Very low probability that any encrypted password information was accessed.

We may end up rolling back the server to last night's backup, so if you post any walls of text, be sure to save a copy on your computer or Google Keep or whatever you like to use for storing important text.

I also wanted to say clearly that I recognize that those responsible for today's attack, if actually Muslim adherents and not simply trolls, do not represent the majority of Muslim people, who do not employ means of force (either physical or virtual) to express their religious beliefs. While we, as Christians, do not agree with Muslims on key points of theology (specifically, the identity of Jesus Christ, who we recognize as the Son of God), we also understand that those Muslims that assert their wills over others, whether by violence or cybercrime, are a minority.

it did give a bud of mine a laugh when i checked this site for new posts... I'm glad its back :D

We may end up rolling back the server to last night's backup, so if you post any walls of text, be sure to save a copy on your computer or Google Keep or whatever you like to use for storing important text.
Okay, I spoke too soon and it does NOT look like we will be rolling back the site as we do not see evidence of any damage other than the alteration of the default theme, which has already been fixed.

So post away! :)

it did give a bud of mine a laugh when i checked this site for new posts... I'm glad its back :D
What's interesting is that the attack only affected the default theme. I pulled up the forums on my phone (since I was at church at the time and didn't have my laptop) and thought, "Oh, I guess it's already fixed" for a moment because the mobile theme looked the same. :p

I also wanted to say clearly that I recognize that those responsible for today's attack, if actually Muslim adherents and not simply trolls, do not represent the majority of Muslim people, who do not employ means of force (either physical or virtual) to express their religious beliefs. While we, as Christians, do not agree with Muslims on key points of theology (specifically, the identity of Jesus Christ, who we recognize as the Son of God), we also understand that those Muslims that assert their wills over others, whether by violence or cybercrime, are a minority.

Well said, Tek. :)

Now that the defacing of our site is behind us, I wanted to thank Gerbil, Litsafalda, and Elader Arkon for contacting me about the attack shortly after it happened.

Special thanks to Lloren for taking time out of his Sunday to fix the problem AND plug the vBulletin security hole AND review the site files and database to verify we were and are in the clear!

Well said, Tek. :)
Thanks. :)

Bowser probably tried to notify us too. That or it was coincidence that he messaged me on facebook around that time saying, "Are you guys at church right now?" or something like that. But instead of waiting to see what he said, I was like gottagonurserydutybye. :p

Back