Ominous Captcha

Krissa Lox

Doing some work online today and had a Captcha come up as "bye666"

Well, I'm not superstitious enough to think evil spirits can talk through computer systems, and I know I'm on the internet enough to know the laws of probability mean there's bound to be weird stuff come up sometimes, so I'm not inclined to attribute any serious significance to it, but some stuff should be disallowed from random generators.

Maybe it was saying goodbye to The Beast? As in, God already has victory over Satan.

Hmmm...

Maybe it was saying goodbye to The Beast? As in, God already has victory over Satan.

Ironically, that's been the exact content and conclusion of my prayer life for the last few days, having seen some things that give me reason to think something is going on beyond typical human political strife, and being reassured that whatever happens on this earth, Christ has already won and as He once told Pontius Pilate, no one has any true power or authority here unless the Lord has granted it.

Which kinda made the random chance of something like that coming up now all the more unnerving, but then I didn't originally think of it in the more positive context you brought up which could be more a confirmation rather than a threat. But usually for me when something comes from God there's a gut feeling of knowing that it is, whereas this just made me feel really uncomfortable. But I've also known Him to use uncomfortability to agitate me into doing things that I might not choose to do of my own volition, like maybe He wanted me to post here instead of keeping to myself.

I don't know. I'd rather write it off as just random weirdness because that's more comfortable, but that you could derive from it the very thing I've been praying about but haven't mentioned seems to lower the probability threshold even further.

Back