Paul over Matthias

1 Peter 1:1-2
All of the elect are 'chosen' by God. That includes you and me.
There is a difference between being one of God's(The Father) 'elect', and being 'chosen' by Jesus(The Son).

Do you think the other 11 just picked Matthias willy-nilly without considering? If it meant so much to be one of the '12' then wouldn't that signify a degree of spiritual maturity the original 11 would possess?
Do all 'good' men who set out to do God's will succeed? Or do some perhaps misunderstand His desire and choose the wrong path in an attempt to do well?

No where do you see that it wasn't. The argument is moot. We don't know what they did back then with regard to the candidates or the entire process. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why it matters. Paul doesn't express concern about it, why should we?
Yes, the argument is moot, as it is intended to 'mooten' the argument as used to prove that Paul is ineligible do to not fulfilling these 'requirements'. It matters because someone asked, and we are to be ready to give reason for the hope that is within us. Yes, this is probably a more general statement to preach Christ, but given that 'All' scripture is profitable, why should we ever look at any topic and say 'Who Cares'?

So then in your opinion do you think you will see Paul sitting on the twelfth throne in heaven and not matthias?
Well, at this point, I think I would have to say...No. Doing more research, and giving it more thought, I'm thinking that the Bible does support Matthias as the twelfth. Why, because of "1 Cor 15:5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve." Since Paul wasn't there, and Matthias was, this seems to conclude that Matthias truly is the twelfth apostle.

There is a difference between being one of God's(The Father) 'elect', and being 'chosen' by Jesus(The Son).
Please explain.

Yes, the argument is moot, as it is intended to 'mooten' the argument as used to prove that Paul is ineligible do to not fulfilling these 'requirements'. It matters because someone asked, and we are to be ready to give reason for the hope that is within us. Yes, this is probably a more general statement to preach Christ, but given that 'All' scripture is profitable, why should we ever look at any topic and say 'Who Cares'?
I didn't say 'who cares.' I said the argument is moot, as in, we don't have all the information we need to come to a definite conclusion.

Back