Please Pray

ajmucha

I'll try to make this short as possible, just because if I try to go too in-depth cause I won't be emotionally stable enough to keep writing...

I just found out that, yesterday, a former teacher and friend of mine passed away. She has been struggling with a bout of cancer for several years now, and it's over. She taught me english in 7th and 8th grade, and was without a doubt a very Godly woman. Please pray for her family and those that knew her, she was always Mrs Arnold to me, also a former co-worker of Justice. I'm glad to know that she's in heaven now and no longer suffers from her affliction, but she will be greatly missed. She even requested that nobody send flowers to her funeral but to donate to the school that money.

Thanks

I'm not sure how much it will help, but I found this to be somewhat fitting:

Philippians 1:20-21 said:
20I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Paul was imprisoned when he wrote this. He was stuck in a cell, awaiting his death patiently. But he did not despair or fear. In fact, he was torn. He knew that while he was here, he would face trouble and adversity, but that he would continue on in Jesus' name. But when he died, he would be with Jesus.

After Jesus was resurrected, He left us with the Spirit, so that we are never alone. So while Mrs Arnold was here, she also had something to look forward to. Now that she's gone, she's in that place that we all want to be.

I understand your pain in missing her, but I'm slightly jealous of her, all the same. Take comfort in knowing that you'll see her again, and she probably wouldn't come back, even if she could. :)

Back