Portal

SirThom

Honestly, I think the game is sweet, albeit short (maybe three hours long). I'm looking forward to Valve releasing the Portal update for the SDK so we can start seeing some user-created chambers being pushed out. What do you guys think?

I like the turret thingies. They are so cool, I want one as a pet!

lol

Ive gotten all the way to the last level then I got off to finish up my paper. pretty fun but I like being able to blow up stuff more.

Highlights:
  • Excellent "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"-style humor
  • Innovative gameplay
  • Very short
  • Very fun
I'm looking forward to user-generated Portal map packs--something in the vein of the Community Bonus Packs for Unreal Tournament 2004.

D'oh! It's gone! This is what it used to be:

cubevb9.jpg

Perfectly described right there. I love the little turrets, and the voice acting in the final chamber.
Que Pasa! Que pasa, Que Pasa? (I forgot the ALT+ codes for the upside-down question mark and exclamation point.)

I appreciated the style of humor, especially since I tend not to like sterile and secretive corporations. It's the classic tension between what companies say ("We love our employees! Golly gee, Miss Cleaver, we sure do! Haven't you seen our commercials?") and reality ("We will lock you in this building and fire you if you leave--even if it's to go to the hospital after heavy machinery breaks your ankle").

Puzzle + satire = Portal. And that is why I love it.

Back