PureFun: Crazy Ideas

SirThom

Hey peeps,

I'm going to be devoting some time soon to improve PureFun. Throw out any suggestions, ideas (rational or crazy!)... whatever you want. I honestly want to hear how I can make PureFun better for people to use.

You should include more of those adorable and intelligent reviews from The Mighty Gerbil :D

Seriously to be completely honest the problem I'm seeing with Pure-Fun is you aren't getting any new reviews. You've had the same 4 movie reviews for ages and I don't think the game reviews have increased either (last review is dated June 4th). I would suggest giving the CGA Moderators (if they don't have it) or a few people you trust the ability to pass/reject reviews (and not just their own) so you could get more. I am not trying to be hard on you I just want to see Pure-Fun succeed. To do that it needs continually fresh reviews on current games or people will stop submitting reviews and/or checking the site.

A small suggestion is you may want to add a large button/link to submit a review somewhere more prevalent. As it is now it's kind of hidden in the panel section. The idea being to give people the idea of submitting a review as opposed to hunting for it of their own volition. You may also want to sticky a forum thread in CGA's general discussion section asking people to submit reviews and new media to Pure Fun (I wouldn't put it in the pure fun section as general CGA seems to get the most activity). You could also include a walk-though of how to submit new media and reviews on the thread.

For me, I'd like to see something similar to Digg. I like to see some of the weird and interesting things that are happening in this world, but so much of what is posted on that sight is inappropriate.

Seriously to be completely honest the problem I'm seeing with Pure-Fun is you aren't getting any new reviews. You've had the same 4 movie reviews for ages and I don't think the game reviews have increased either (last review is dated June 4th). I would suggest giving the CGA Moderators (if they don't have it) or a few people you trust the ability to pass/reject reviews (and not just their own) so you could get more. I am not trying to be hard on you I just want to see Pure-Fun succeed. To do that it needs continually fresh reviews on current games or people will stop submitting reviews and/or checking the site.

A small suggestion is you may want to add a large button/link to submit a review somewhere more prevalent. As it is now it's kind of hidden in the panel section. The idea being to give people the idea of submitting a review as opposed to hunting for it of their own volition.
Definitely! We really need fresh content, and we need to make the features (adding reviews, new content, etc.) more apparent.

You may also want to sticky a forum thread in CGA's general discussion section asking people to submit reviews and new media to Pure Fun (I wouldn't put it in the pure fun section as general CGA seems to get the most activity). You could also include a walk-though of how to submit new media and reviews on the thread.
Good idea, I'll keep that in mind. =)

For me, I'd like to see something similar to Digg. I like to see some of the weird and interesting things that are happening in this world, but so much of what is posted on that sight is inappropriate.
I hear ya! This is something that I want to achieve with the News system that I started on the site. As I build that feature out, what ideas did you have in mind, specifically?

I hear ya! This is something that I want to achieve with the News system that I started on the site. As I build that feature out, what ideas did you have in mind, specifically?

I would say something similar to the way Digg works, except screened a little for content. We could have links to interesting sights or games, articles, and goofy videos. My main beef against Digg is that some of the links show more skin that I think appropriate. But my opinion is just one. Anyone else have suggestions?

You can use my un-patented 30 Minute Reviews idea. Maybe that will help bring in more content from people who can't afford the time to sit down and write a lengthy, polished review.

You can use my un-patented 30 Minute Reviews idea. Maybe that will help bring in more content from people who can't afford the time to sit down and write a lengthy, polished review.

Hmmm couldn't a CGA thread on a game be submitted directly to Pure-Fun via the external game review link? If so you've got a few (at least partial) reviews you could add now.

Last edited:
/poke community

Any other ideas? Shout 'em out! I'd like to prepare a list of some new features I want to code in very soon, so post your ideas to guarantee consideration. =)

We should instate tek as our benevolent puppet dictator for the universe and have him decree that everyone uses and submits reviews to purfun.

I'd be willing to help sort though submitted reviews for objectable content, cuss words, bogus submissions etc. but...

A. I know I haven't been around the forums that long so if you don't trust me it's cool.

B. I would only do it on occasion I couldn't do it on any sort of schedule.

Back