• Ten Commandments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Requirements of the church

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wirl

on to something new...
James 2:26 said:
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse. Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.

What are the "works?"

The work of God is to believe on Him He sent :D
I chose being lead by the Spirit..For these are the Sons of God :)

Also, this quote is not completely true..
Originally Posted by James 2:26, The Message
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse. Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
It's..
Ezekiel 18:3-5
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
actually the soul that dies..

So, that quote aught to read..

Originally Posted by James 2:26, The Message
The very moment you separate soul and spirit, you end up with a corpse...

Hrmm.. That last post got me thinkin (look out!)

So, what you said is "the body that's separated from the spirit" shall die..
And I added soul to that equation.. So would it not be "the body that is spearated from the spirit by relinquishing of the soul shall die"?

Hrmm..
I need the Light of the Lord right now..

Somone got a word on this?

I think that options 2-7 actually reflect back to option 1. God tells us through the Bible to do all of those things, which we are lead to do through the Holy Spirit.

To separate is just that to separate something that was whole.Whirlybird U make me SMILE:D big time!!!! We are given upon acceptance of Jesus everything we need in this world and to dice it up and say this is the way or to say that is the way is separation of what was given to have everlasting life! This post inspires me!!!! U onrey rascal!!!!

morrie swartz always said: Love one another or perish

Questions for PastorWirl...

Will you participate in your own poll? Okay 1 down 2 to go

Will you be answering your own question in a post here?

Will you be giving the correct biblical answer to your question regarding the choices in the poll?

:) Thank You! :)

Last edited:
Questions for PastorWirl...
Ok.
Will you participate in your own poll?
Possibly.
Will you be answering your own question in a post here?
I might share what I've been shown.
Will you be giving the correct biblical answer to your question regarding the choices in the poll?
Suprisingly, the correct Biblical answer could be many different things. However my question that I've asked everyone is more of a probe. It is to see how Christians (and non-Christians, b/c I know they post on here as well) respond to the question. If I do answer, I will provide scripture reference to what I've been shown, rest assured.

Right now, I have no authority from the Master to give the
correct biblical answer
as you've asked for. This is because He's not fully revealed to me that answer. He's only shown me a little, and that little has spawned this probe.
:D

Ok.

Possibly.

I might share what I've been shown.

Suprisingly, the correct Biblical answer could be many different things. However my question that I've asked everyone is more of a probe. It is to see how Christians (and non-Christians, b/c I know they post on here as well) respond to the question. If I do answer, I will provide scripture reference to what I've been shown, rest assured.

Right now, I have no authority from the Master to give the as you've asked for. This is because He's not fully revealed to me that answer. He's only shown me a little, and that little has spawned this probe.
:D

I understand.:)

Love oh so powerful and is free for all and comes in many forms, as with the holy spirit but one cannot receive the holy spirit without the proper Love. So without the holy spirit one is dead. Now this is a toughy but I believe that the Holyspirit shows the works of the love given and the love excepted!

Listen carefully all of you the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
Good day!:)

Excuse me for re-editing.
The statement above is the opinion of my heart and since opinions are frowned on in RD unless backed up by the Word of God, I thought then you may need this scripture from Eph. 5:1,2 as a basess for my opinion above.

Last edited:
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also

looking at the verses before james 2:26 it would appear that the deeds mentioned are acts of obedience and outward expression of faith to god.

faith that God exists is useless to our soul, unless we will do our part, accept christ in our heart, and be obedient to him.

verse 19 says the devils believe and tremble, before I was saved, i knew there was a god, i had faith he existed, but I had never accepted him as my savior.

abrahams work was to offer isaac up as a sacrifice to God,

I think Romans 12:1 sums up our sacrifice
1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

I'ma qualify Jeshuruns statement :)

Galatians 5:6 NIV
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Faith is that which is given by God, to every man, we, as Christians, chose to place that faith in the person of Jesus, His Only Begotten Son for Salvation..

The truth of the matter is that God sent His Son, as a propitiation for the sins of the world, to reconcile mankind to God not counting thier tressspasses against them. AND through this same faith forging one new man out of the two :)
1 Corinthians 2:13 NIV
This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
And not only that! But that He gave us the very Life of Jesus, which is more than an overcomer in and through us!

God Himself qualified that statement (Gal 5:6) when He said through Love.. And Jesus is that Love sent from Heaven! :D

It is only as we yeild to His Authority that we witness HIS LIFE Living in and through us!

This, is where God's power lies... Only in Jesus!
For He will give His Glory to none otherrrrrrrr
Romans 1:17 NLV
The Good News tells us we are made right with God by faith in Him. Then, by faith we live that new life through Him. The Holy Writings say, "A man right with God lives by faith." (Habakkuk 2:4)
To say we, as Christians love, with an everlasting love is only a half-truth..
To say that Christ Jesus Loves with an Everlasting Love in and through us is absolute Truth :)
Romans 5:2 ASV
through whom also we have had our access by faith into this grace wherein we stand; and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Back