Question.

TheoWolf

I had a question, Let's say you had a dream, A dream of becoming a pro gamer and doing that as a career and there was a decent possibility of Becoming a pro at this game, Well I was told whatever career or whatever I do I need to glorify god, How can I do that with being a pro gamer?

I would love to be like Tim Teebo or the other christian Athletes but Is that Glorfying god? And some game communities are toxic and wouldn't they hate on the guy that says, "I am Christian" or something? I am not afraid of being hated (At the moment because Ive never been attacked because of my faith) But I do not know how saying I am christian would help anyone or anything wouldn't people just say, "Why bring that here" "You are christian, fine but don't tell us" or things like that?

So some guidance on this subject would be much appricated, or maybe what god thinks about using your life to become a pro gamer....Biggest question, How do I glorify god through Video games?

Thanks - Theo

The first thing I would say is pray. Is it you wanting to go in that direction or is it God leading you there?

As to being a Christian in an unfriendly environment for them, you do not need to go around telling everyone that you are a Christian, living your life according to God's word will be enough to show who you are. I could be wrong, as I am not into football, but I do not think that is what Tim Teebo did. He lived his life according to Christian values and was not afraid to be different when others could see. That is what I would say you should do regardless of if you pursue being a pro gamer or not. Just do not be afraid to pray, give thanks to God, and live your life according to the Bible in full view of everyone.

The first thing I would say is pray. Is it you wanting to go in that direction or is it God leading you there?

As to being a Christian in an unfriendly environment for them, you do not need to go around telling everyone that you are a Christian, living your life according to God's word will be enough to show who you are. I could be wrong, as I am not into football, but I do not think that is what Tim Teebo did. He lived his life according to Christian values and was not afraid to be different when others could see. That is what I would say you should do regardless of if you pursue being a pro gamer or not. Just do not be afraid to pray, give thanks to God, and live your life according to the Bible in full view of everyone.

Dimederwin is on the right track I think. You don't have to spout Christianese slogans or Scripture while you play, you don't see Teebo doing that. Use the skills and gifts God has blessed you with the best you can. Excellence glorifies God. Always remember where those skills and gifts came from, this is why athletes like Teebo pray after a big play. The big thing is pray. Pray before a game. Pray after a game. Give God the credit when credit is due. Face defeat with a Christian spirit. Ask God for wisdom, He will show you how to use whatever platform He gives you.

Really, your question should be "how do I glorify God?"
If you know how to worship God and how to submit your glory to Him (since it really is his, not yours) and not hog it yourself, everything else should follow.

Back