Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverGypsy

I was told, nearly a month ago, that i was to be unbanned from the ToJ server. I talked to Plankeye and Rizz, and yet, nothing has happened. I have followed the forums, I haven't "washed my linen in public" as you say, I only wish to know if and when I'm going to be unbanned.

I haven't been on causing trouble since, and I think the whole thing is getting quite ridiculous.

As I said, I don't wish to start any argument, I just wanna know if I'm going to be unbanned :\

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Instead of trying to handle each situation one by one, we've decided to implement a one-time policy. This policy will be known as the day of Jubilee. As some of you may already know, there is a policy in place on our CS server that is similar. This un-written server policy basically says that every so often we will erase the current ban list and let all who desire to come back and play. This is based on a tradition in the Old Testament where about every 50 years, the Jewish people observed that year as the year of remission or universal pardon. We are willing to wipe the slate clean for everyone, let go of the differences that we've had, and put all things behind us. However, this is two-sided. You must be willing to do the same.

This one time policy will be dependent on all the members of ToJ. Before we implement this policy, we would like to offer the chance for you, the members, to share with us things we could be doing better as server admins, things you'd like to see on the CS server, and anything in general you'd like to see happen within ToJ.

Taken from http://www.cgalliance.org/cgi-bin....;t=5464

Yes, you will be unbanned, but keep in mind what is said above...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EverGypsy @ Aug. 01 2004,7:55)]I haven't been on causing trouble since, and I think the whole thing is getting quite ridiculous.
Is that because you have been banned? We're working on things, if that's ridiculous to you - then I don't apologize.

Just out of curiosity, have you checked out any of the THOUSANDS of other CS servers out there?

K whats going on..

Elite, we just want to get back to the CS community (not sure about others, but i know i do) We all thought we'd get unbanned pretty soon but.. almost a month is passing by.. i think he was just curious if he'd ever be unbanned.

As for me, im still sitting infront of the ToJ server gate waiting it to be open....

So, you guys have nothing to say about all this - just "Let me back in?" I'm not looking for an apology if that's what you're thinking - I just figured you guys would have something to say about it.

I have nothing to say. I only heard things that we'd be unbanned... (soon.. but not aparently) well im hoping i'd be unbanned soon
smile.gif

I hope the policy and the anti-hack is enforced much more since HLGuard is installed (as i've heard).

I deleted them.. for someone who
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't wish to start any argument
you are very quick to make snide comments about the CS authority...

I honestly just don't like the attitudes I'm seeing here. "LET ME BACK IN"..."I CAN PWN EVERYONE" (from a different post). I simply don't like it. Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way, but we went out on a limb to make things right, get your opinions and all I see is rude comments, proud statements, and simple disrespect.

What's the deal?

Bugah.

I'm going to enlighten you all real quick ---

CS players *are* proud, goofy, and relatively insane.

Commentary like that is just like when you were a teenager, heck maybe you still do it, with your buddies and you "flaunt your stuff" with the guys. It's no more than the average male goofing around, not someone trying to start another world war.

Yes, but this is a Christian community first. So, lets all act like Christians and not overzealous teenagers "flaunting our stuff." This is not the time for it.

I would just like a little respect. My buddies can joke around like that, but I don't know half of these guys. What's that saying you see in movies: "You don't know me!". I'm not getting an attitude, but I'm certainly not taking some of this as a joke.

I appreciate you mediating this situation, Van. How can we work this out?

Well, first, I'll point you at the scripture where Christ says to forgive not seven times, but seventy seven times! Christ is, foremost, our savior--our forgiver, if you will, so my first tendency is one of forgiveness. Secondly, I'll point you to what our savior is in His "other job" ;) .....He's our Judge.

I will remind you though that our entire faith is based on Forgiveness and I pray that this be the first thing on your mind, all the time. Forgiveness and love.

Perhaps we should sacrifice some animal or something -.- *lol* gogo jewish law

Um...But seriously, as a member of ToJ and 3R, I see both sides of the arguement, but I also want to lean towards Jesus instead of either side of this debate --- therefore, I personally, would forgive them of whatever it is keeping them from being on the server, sometimes they did wrong, sometimes they didn't. Either way, they got kickbanned. Whether one was right or one was wrong is irrelevant now. All that matters now is you showing them love as a Christian, Elite.

Love first and they'll love you, too.

Understood, Van. Great reference to scripture. But remember how stern and direct Jesus was to the disciples? Why was he stern? Because they knew Him and knew His teachings.

We like to think that most (if not all) of the 3R members have been/are ToJ members. They know the rules. I guess you could say they are still considered ToJ members. As you know, there is a zero-tolerance policy on all members. The members simply need to be an example, and if need be - made an example of. Hence, my next point:

At what point do we continue to allow them to make these mistakes? We have to draw the line somewhere - otherwise our rules are null and void. Others will see this, and our credibility goes down the drain. For the members, we simply don't need to deal with this. They agreed to the charter when they signed up. When they play on our server, they agree to the rules. I am one for giving many chances, trust me. I make mistakes all the time! However, we can't simply turn the other cheek as many times as we have been or else we should just remove the rules.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EverGypsy @ Aug. 03 2004,2:10)]rofl, rizz, i started NO argument. elite came in and started one.
Again, I simply consider this another fan to the flame, if not downright disrespectful. I just don't have any sympathy towards this type of attitude...

What did I say that created an argument? I was simply defending my actions when they were called "ridiculous"...

Firstly i would liek to say. I have nothing against any of the people who are in 3R or who have done anything bad in our server. I am simply doing my job when i act against someone.. We have rules for a reason. When you break the rules you have to be disciplined.. The entire premise for Christianity is based upon rules. Not rules that we should follow. But that God couldnt let us all into heaven (even though he wanted to) so he had to make a sacrifice he really could have done without.. But because he did that we can now enjoy fellowship with him..

We follow the rules. We have given most of the members of 3R more than enough grace. We have acted out of compassion (whether you think so or not you have not seen our discussions in admin forum)... All the decisions we have made to ban/kick/whatever have been done with serious thought and a heavy heart. At least initially.

However you have to consider the fact.. Who is more foolish.. Those who draw back their grace and forgiveness because every time they extend it, they get burnt.. Or those who come in the name of grace and friendship simply to curry favour and redeem their status.

I have said in admin forums.. If i was on another christian server and was kicked for doing something stupid.. I would email the head privately.. If i went into their forums causing a stink, and dragging all my toj friends with me it would not stand.. We would be booted faster than i care to think.. Yet you try to do this very thing with us..

We respect your right to be heard and if you had approached this in a civil and mature manner we would have probably resolved it within minutes.. Yet you continue to take this attitude with us. I personally will not stand for it.

You have your own forums, your own server. Yet you always come back here when there is mud to be flung. Why is that? If you all think i hate you from this post then you misread it. I have the upmost love and compassion for you. I wish i could resolve this with a kind word and a gesture of forgiveness. But you have all pushed the line far beyond what it should be. You say we are all brothers here... Then you should start acting like it. We have done everything by the book and all that has happened is our authority has been questioned. If you dont like it.. Quite frankly you can go somewhere else..

*disclaimer* this is rizz's rant and may not be the thoughts of the entire admins. If you have a grudge then email me.. Dont post it here.

I consider this topic (and any others you may want to spring from it..) CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back