What Movies were you not allowed to watch
when you've been a teenager?

When I was a teenager I was'nt allowed to
get extreme Horror movies like Friday the
13th and Extreme Violent movies from the
Video store and now I'm way over 18 and
I can easily get these Violent Horror
movies, heh.

I remember the first time my dad let me watch an R rated movie. It was a guy's night in and I saw "True Lies" and one of the Dirty Harry flicks. All the explosions and testosterone one could want. I don't think most of the extreme horror movies are worth watching. Over the top blood and guts and killing is not something I want to see in a movie. Horror flicks don't have to have all that, and most don't.

I have never been prevented from watching something by my parents, I have been carded at the movie theatre once and i was not allowed in but now im 17 and its all good.

wouldnt let you see Man on the moon but did let you see SuperNova(which had full upperbody nudity) haha those Rating systems are Great
Man on the Moon-R
SuperNova-PG-13

I couldn't watch R-rated movies as a kid.  My first R movie was when my high school jazz band went on a trip and so parent's didn't know.  I think it was once I turned 17 or 18 (whatever the allowed age is) that my parent's let me go, because I can remember seeing stuff like Cobra, Aliens, and Total Recall and I'm sure those were R.

True Lies was rated R? For what? IT was a good movie but hardly worth the R rating.
Aliens comes on TV all the time.....WHOO!
Ehh...I like all the movies, sci-fi, horror, action.

Actually, one of my favorite movie memories is being in the front row for Aliens at a huge screen in Westwood (area near UCLA). I haven't seen the movie since, but I recall there is a scene where an alien surprises you on screen. It just comes out of nowhere and we all jumped. We were like, "Oh yeah. This is GREAT!"

Dude, when the Marines come into the room where all the colonists are stuck in the walls. Freaky. The Aliens just descend from the ceiling, and you had thought until then that they were just part of the supporting columns in the room. Scary! Then they head back to the transport, and the acid of that alien gets onto that one Marine...freaky.

I'v seen a few R-rated movies, my parents always watch them first to see if they are to bad or not. I think the movies are ruined if flooded with language or violance though. I cant stand seeing blood, or anything gory. And to think just last year I wanted to be a veterinarian =D

heh.. i want to be a vet too
tounge.gif
.. and i have really only seen 1 R rated movie and that was the matirx.. i dont watch very many movies

My parents will essentially let me watch anything (from Pulp Fiction to Deer Hunter). I purchased "Goodfellas" with my mom, what does that tell you? That movie is loaded with cursing (for those who have seen it, you know what I mean).

Although, I don't care much for horror movies, mainly thrillers/action so I haven't really had much of a desire to see many horror movies.

LA Confidential.
I think The Shield, one of the violenter shows on TV, is so COOL and so welldone. Anyone else watch it? On FX, Tuesdays, at 8.

No, but I hafta get my dose of ALIAS and The Agency. I have not missed one show of ALIAS...

I also like Survivor and Scrubs. I don't watch anything else, unless it's a movie.

Oh! I also watch American Idol to laff at all of the n00bs.

My parents are addicted to "I'm a celebrity Get me out of here." lol

Back