Reverse engineering is powerful

Grimbeorn

Tribe of Judah Star Wars: The Old Republic Sith Em
Evidence:

Capture.jpg

The green item on the right is the old item that I learned to make from the trainer. After reverse engineering it a few times, I learned to make a blue. Then I reverse engineered the blue a few times and I learned how to make a purple version. The purple shown on the left is that, plus an augment I got to put in because my companion had great success in making it. So the moral of the story is this: Once you cap your crafting, keep making things. Reverse engineer those things and learn newer and better things.

I was mousing over the green one with the purple one equipped. Those stat changes are what would happen if I equipped the green one.

tomfoolery -- you have some small chance to get a new schematic with every reverse engineering. However, note that REing the green items can only bump it to blue, and you have to then RE the blue item a few times to bump it to purple.

If you keep REing the same green item (i.e. while leveling) you might only get the one blue schematic (sometimes multiple blue schematics are possible).

tomfoolery -- you have some small chance to get a new schematic with every reverse engineering. However, note that REing the green items can only bump it to blue, and you have to then RE the blue item a few times to bump it to purple.

This is good to know...I was only doing greens mainly.

Back