RIP WowAceUpdater

Elwood

It has finally kicked the bucket ... and made my list an individual endeavour.

Is anyone using Curse Updater?

i am...not a fan; generally clunky...poorly programmed (e.g. doesn't pick up changes when i add the mods manually, etc...) ...just kinda...stinks

I deleted the curse updater - never could get it to work right. It is easier to just get them myself.

I'm using curse but only because I am trying to keep mods updated on three comps at once... not at all as effiecient as wowace, I find I am having to unistall/re-install mods because curse breaks them... a few mods they claim are updated wont work either.. ie Autobar, which if you to the authors site he as the working version posted.

anyway, I hope it gets better or wowace comes back from the grave!

Uninstalled Curse Updater last night as well. Piece of crap software. I'll be back to default UI, Deadly Bossmods and Omen for some time now.

I'm using curse but only because I am trying to keep mods updated on three comps at once... not at all as effiecient as wowace, I find I am having to unistall/re-install mods because curse breaks them... a few mods they claim are updated wont work either.. ie Autobar, which if you to the authors site he as the working version posted.

anyway, I hope it gets better or wowace comes back from the grave!

i do this to multibox...only one machine recieves add on updates

1.) set up a share on your main machine
2.) *buy* winzip and download the winzip command line extension
3.) to copy from the master to the common location create a batch file like so:

del "\\phxntdc01\userdata\nathan.smith\Documents\Games\WoW Settings\AddOns.zip"
wzzip -r -p -es "\\phxntdc01\userdata\nathan.smith\Documents\Games\WoW Settings\AddOns.zip" "c:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"

del "\\phxntdc01\userdata\nathan.smith\Documents\Games\WoW Settings\Settings.zip"
wzzip -r -p -es "\\phxntdc01\userdata\nathan.smith\Documents\Games\WoW Settings\Settings.zip" "C:\Users\nathan.smith\appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF"

4.) create another batch file to copy to the clients

rmdir /S /Q "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons"

wzunzip -e -d "\\phxntdc01\userdata\nathan.smith\Documents\Games\WoW Settings\AddOns.zip" "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons"

rmdir /S /Q "C:\Users\nathan.smith\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF"

wzunzip -e -d "\\phxntdc01\userdata\nathan.smith\Documents\Games\WoW Settings\Settings.zip" "C:\Users\nathan.smith\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF"

i run them both manually after major updates as well as having a scheduled task to run them as well

note that you'll need to run as admin if you're on vista and have WoW installed in your prog files directory

You could just have the mods bookmarked in your browser to make it a little faster.

Also, you don't need to go and DL the latest version of a mod just because it's there.

My WoW experience with mods was "If your mods work, why fix them?"

Sometimes I would DL the latest version of a mod and it would be completely different from the previous version. Cramp my style!

because some stuff may not be obvious, e.g. Omen - you may not see that it's broken but whoops...same thing with boss mods

The mods you need are a given. You need to update those more often. I am talking about mods like titan panel, onebag (whatever it was called) and trinitybars.

If those work, why replace them?

because those of us that use the extended functionality, e.g. in TB in particular, liked updates to resolve bugs...likewise, pitbull went through some significant bug fixes based on what you used so sure...if you're not making use of the mod in its entirety i guess you *may* not need to update it, but i fail to see the harm in doing so. 9/10 times new features are useful and generally worth the time to readjust your UI

I see what Odale is saying. There was one version of Trinity that worked perfectly for me, so I never updated it ever again.

Ditto, I used a 1.X version of trinity until a particular patch broke it. I believe this was around 12 months after I first loaded that 1.x version.

Back