Roger Wilco

ColdSteel

Roger Wilco is found here: http://rogerwilco.gamespy.com/
RW support: http://rogerwilco.gamespy.com/support/rw/support.html

If someone (hint:ToJ server) who has a static IP address would install this program and host us a Home Base talk channel for UT 2004 then everyone who joins the channel can chat with whomever may be in the talk channel. It should have the same numbers everytime if someone has a static IP. I used to use this with a friend on Combat Flight Simulator. ("I got you in my sites and your going down") Also anyone can start a different channel if playing another game on their own computer. Roger Wilco's channels can be passworded to keep annoying players out (ToJ'rs only-woot). This would be awesome for fellow players. It's best to have a good soundcard (see support) ,Mic, and broadband. Yes it takes up valuable bandwidth for modem users but I think it's worth it. Gamespy offers a server host for a fee but someone can host for free. Check it out.CS

I see issues with that setup though... Unless I didn't understand correctly, anyone who joins a RW channel then would be able to talk with everyone else even if they are on different game servers. Could be confusing.

Hmmmm...well, doesn't the ToJ host a Teamspeak server?  Teamspeak is free as well, but so is UT2004's in-game voice chat.

Tek, does the ToJ still have a TS server or not?  Maybe we can get a room set up for the UT2004 players?  (That is, if everybody's willing to use it or try Teamspeak)

PS - you're right James, people would be able to talk to each other even if they're on different servers, but hopefully, if you're talking at all, you'll have hooked up and joined the same server as everybody else.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagz @ April 26 2004,9:53)]Tek, does the ToJ still have a TS server or not?  Maybe we can get a room set up for the UT2004 players?  (That is, if everybody's willing to use it or try Teamspeak)
While ToJ doesn't have its own TeamSpeak server, I do host the Christian Gamers Alliance TeamSpeak server on my secondary PC and all ToJ members are welcome to use it; however, there has been little interest in the server since I've started hosting it and I may have to shut it down in the coming weeks.

Having used both Roger Wilco and TeamSpeak, I prefer TeamSpeak, if only because it's free.

Hey guys as far as Roger Wilco goes it's no problem here using team speak. It was Roger Wilco that I used to use. Team Speak is downloaded and installed on my computer. I just need to know how to access the chat channel - name,address etc... Or maybe how to get connected to the correct channel for us to talk in the game. I also like the in game chat and if the toj'rs could all be on the same team in UT2004 for teamchat that would be great too. I would turn my in game chat off if we used Team Speak as the talk channel. CS

I don't use in-game chat, because I get easily annoyed and distracted by uncomfortable sounds, such as a ten-year old screaming expletives at me or some such. Also, it's kind of hard to understand people sometimes.

I have teamspeak also. A server number and so forth would be great. I used to play Planetside, and used TS for that, and it worked well enough. My clan leader, Pedro, was from Portugal, so it was hard to understand him, but I don't think it was because of Teamspeak.
wink.gif

Hehehe...

Well, for the CGA TS server, you can get yer info here. I'll connect to it from now on, whenever I'm playing UT2004. Tek, think you can set us up with a UT2K4 room? Let's try it for a bit and see how the interest is...

Glad to see more UT2004 players coming into the clan...who knows, we might even have a team soon!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagz @ April 26 2004,11:44)]Tek, think you can set us up with a UT2K4 room?
Send an e-mail reminder to teamspeak AT cgalliance DOT org (which forwards to my account now, but may forward to a TeamSpeak Server Administrator in the future) and I'll tackle that as soon as possible.

Ok I installed it.  Also, think I got my mike problem fixed.  Now I just need to hook up with my buds.

Two side notes.
1) I tried assigning one key to TS and one to UT's voice.  When I was connected to the TS server I could not use the UT voice.  Anyone else find this to be the case?
2) In TS you can create unregistered channels that last as long as you are logged in.
2b?) You can also create channels in UT.  In settings>audio>voice you set a custom channel to always login to.  Of course, I kinda like being automatically on Team in ONS.

Oh and "roger" and "wilco" really dont belong in the same phrase. jk
smile.gif
  I used to use it when playing Tribes 2.

ewwwwwwww teamspeak and roger wilco ewww ventrilo is where its at
biggrin.gif
in fact i can sponsor u guys with a vent chan if needed.. contact me.. or idle in irc #revolution.eS and pm pilgrim[Rev]

Stumpt, I haven't tried setting up both, but it makes sense that you wouldn't be able to access both programs that access the mic. I don't technically know what the answer is, but you probably can't share a device between two programs.

This is for the same reason that, when you play a song using Windows Media Player or somesuch while playing a game, you hear whichever sound comes from the active program, not both sounds together.

Back