Seeking 6 more people to donate $5 a month

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
When I did the math, I calculated that the CGA could cover our annual server hosting and domain expenses if 8 community members donated $5 a month. My calculations accounted for Paypal fees.

For those who are curious: 8 * $4.55 ($5 after Paypal fees) * 12 = $436.8 USD.

Our domain renewal cost is $14.99 a year. Our server hosting cost is $420 a year. That leaves $1.81 USD left over.

A 9th monthly donor would cover the $40 annual fee for XenForo support (should we decide to move to XF) and leave an extra $14.60 USD.

We had one monthly donor already and I just set up a recurring monthly donation myself. (Not saying it as a boast, but so no one can say, "How can he ask me to donate if he's not donating himself!?")

If you're interested in being one of the 6 monthly donors, please visit the Subscriptions page and select the $5 auto charge option.

And in case anyone is wondering, yes, the $10 a month, $15 a month, and $20 a month donation options are also functional. I don't expect anyone to use them as $5 is a fairly painless amount to donate (depending on one's financial circumstances, of course) while $10 and more starts to add up and quickly (this, of course, being the subjective opinion of a very frugal man).

If you were considering a one-time donation to help us cover our hosting bill before the big big BIG donation came in last night, I ask that you prayerfully consider this alternative.

If ya don't mind I would like to pay the equivalent of a meal for two at Mickey D's each month. Considering I spend about 300 a month on eating out it only seems right.

We now have 2 folks donating $5 a month ($4.55 after Paypal fees) and 2 folks donating $10 a month ($9.41 ater Paypal fees), which means that we're currently receiving $27.92 USD a month.

If 2 more people give $5 a month, that will add up to $37.02 USD in donations per month and $444.24 USD per year, allowing us to easily cover our annual server hosting and domain renewal expenses.

Any additional donations would allow us to cover new expenses, such as annual support fees (estimated $40/year) should we go with XenForo.

You have one more at a fiver a month. Was there another unannounced to go with putting us at all-covered status?

You have one more at a fiver a month. Was there another unannounced to go with putting us at all-covered status?
We have 4 monthly donors giving $5 a month ($4.55 after Paypal fees) and 2 monthly donors giving $10 a month ($9.41 after Paypal fees) for a total of $37.02 in donations per month. That's $444.24 a year!

Huzzah! :D

Signed up to donate on July 6. Hope it went through.
It did!

Back