Server Interp rates

Flashon

Could you guys please unlock the ex_interp value in ToJ? I believe you can set it up through HLGuard. It'd be highly appreciated.

You may still think this is an anti-cheating thing, but the "bug" from 1.5 is fixed, you have nothing to worry about. please allow the client-side ex_interp please.

Unlocking the interp rate is "NOT" decreasing hlguard... interp rate allows the client to see real-time hitboxes so it actually helps registration. Why would you lock it? It's not a cheat. It has nothing to do with decreasing HLGuard. HLGuard was made BEFORE this steam update on interp rate was released. Thats why it has the lock feature. Disabling will allow other players to game with better registration and such.

CPL, CAL and many other highly ranking players CS with interp rates OTHER then then default, because the default 0.1 is very unstable, and about 30% of the time the hitboxes are not real, which results in unstable shots and very low bullet registration. Please take a bit of your time to fix it.

The ex_interp check has been disabled. HLGuard includes it because it was still compatible with CS 1.5 which had the problem.

Thanks Plankeye!
smile.gif

does this mean when i shoot someones head it actually hits :0 :0 :0 ?

FUNNY, i have no idea what ex_interp is and CL-rate is, my rate always stays at 9999.00 and ive alwasy been told t o make it 20000.00 so i do cl_updaterate 20000, never ould stay that when i quit CS, it would go back to default 9999.00 I have Cable modem and Ati 9600 and my fps is for the birds.... and my register isnt any good. how do i change my ex_interp, and Cl_rate

hmm i'll post about it. Check on the Server discussion (just exit out of my discussion) i'll be posting real soon.

word.. cl_updaterate 20000 is total noob rate.. well anyway i didn't think many knew about rates anyway. maximum it can go is 101, and rate should be set at 20000 on high-broadband (higher then 1.0mbit)

Back