Server List refresh?

Shagz

Hey guys...any new servers that you have been frequenting that I should add to the activity list page?

Seems to me like the Lanarchy and ARS Technica servers are down most of the time, and the Wolfgaming Assault server, while good on some maps (Mothership), gets really spammy when you're playing with 15 players per team (maps like Fallen City, where that final hallway is just becomes rocket and flak spam). Suggestions? I'll look some up tonight and post some ips here for y'all to check out.

Hey Shagz the demo server Wolfgaming is out. put this one in place for the UT 2004 Demo
205.155.6.61:8747:8757 GibGames.com v3120 ONS-Demo
The ARS techinca is out too in UT 2004.CS.
I am sure glad i've got to play some with fellow toj'rs this week. It was good to find someone playing so late last night. Thad and Stumpt.
laugh.gif

my mouse was messed up . battery was almost dead . I thought it was lag.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ColdSteel @ April 13 2004,9:42)]my mouse was messed up . battery was almost dead . I thought it was lag.
I'll certainly have to use those excuses next time!

biggrin.gif
-- kidding!

I'll try and get on with you guys soon...I played with Thad one night last week and sucked it up bad...between CS and UT - that is a tough combo to master!

DAWAGA?

And I'll remove that demo server, switch it up. Glad to hear that ToJers are meeting each other in game. Anybody actually "talked" to each other yet through the voice over IP?

I don't have a decent mic. Have other things on the "need to purchase" list before that.

Maybe it is DAWAGA I don't know... I just was excited to find a server with non-bots on it for once.
biggrin.gif

I also play on various Deathmatch servers.

Not really into DD, BR or AS.

Vehicle CTF has potential, but the maps are too small.

James, if there's any DM servers you frequent, let me know.  I'd like to diversify our list a little - there is such a thing as too much of a good thing (a good thing being Onslaught
smile.gif
)

PS - I'd like to do some more DM myself as well, I'm afraid that all those old (and a lot of the new) DM, CTF, DD and BR maps are going untouched in my UT2004 installation.

I don't have any "set" DM servers that I visit... It's much harder to find a DM server with no cheaters on it for some reason. And I notice people are more uncivilized on DM servers than Onslaught.
rock.gif

I play almost exclusively on Atari official servers. Occasionally though, I like a good game of low-grav instagib deathmatch.

re: cheaters....really? I didn't know people had hacked in UT2004 for already. Strange. Everybody seems to be having these bad experiences on line, but so far I haven't had any problems. As for civility, Onslaught (or any team game for that matter, except for TDM) demands that you be polite with your team, 'cuz you have to work together in order to get anything done. And if you're polite to your team, chances are you'll be polite to your opponent to.

DM on the other hand attracts the more aggressive, mano-e-mano types who love to trash talk. You must have seen this in your Q2 days, yea?

Yea, the official Atari servers are good. <thumbs up>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagz @ April 27 2004,3:32)]DM on the other hand attracts the more aggressive, mano-e-mano types who love to trash talk.  You must have seen this in your Q2 days, yea?
In my Quake 2 days, everyone trash-talked everyone.  
biggrin.gif

Every time I'd score a frag  my teammate would trash talk for me because he knew I never did that.

And I'd always be accused of cheating because my rail and chain skills were pretty much unmatched.

I miss the Q2 Days sometimes.
smile.gif

Didn't play much Q2 online, but I always loved the Q2 railgun over the Q3 railgun: phatter, dirtier, just better.

Back