Shadow Priests?

[DaRtH] IrIsH

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to best spend talent points to develop a great shadow priest for PVP. thx a bunch.

Hmmmm...

I can give you that, but just not atm....

Give me a day or so please...

Do you want step by step or just a saved templete?

Are you talking twink ... or a full blown level 60 face melter?

Along the way, you still need to be able to heal in instance, to some degree. So how you develop a priest via the shadow tree is very different then a PvP only shadow priest build. There are some talents in the shadow tree that are PvE oriented (improved fade for example) that you just don't need for a PvP shadow priest, but you'll want to take advantage of improved fade as you are levelling. I'll let Icthus post first as he has had more experience with Shadow priests then I, I think even Gnimish has more experience then I as shadow. I stopped being shadow back in October 2005. I tinkered with it a week ago for a few days and have since respecced.

I'll write up some thoughts on a shadow priest as well, later today. Shadow priests can be awesome in PvP and still be very efficient healers in instances.

It looks like you will be starting fresh from ground zero.

So lets look at racial abilities that help priest-

DWARF- Fear ward. I think this is best for PvP. When it is up you cannot be feared.

Night Elf- Star Shards, whoopie... Shadow Meld, not bad for PvP but not as strong as fear ward.

Human- Desprate Prayer, insta self heal, not bad for PvP, not as good as fear ward a slight edge over Shadow Meld.

I would start with a dwarf if I had it to do over again.

To level get you get a mace and try to get a wand as quick as you can. The first 20 levels of being a priest are the hardest and the first ten might be the most frustrating because you do so little damage.

Get to 10 and then we can talk about talent points!!!

First 5 go into Spirit tap no questions asked.
Next 2 to improved Shadow Word Pain again no question for these...

The next three are purely personal choice between Blackout (the one I would choose) and shadow focus.

The next 8 go into the level three spells however you personally want to do it either one each or max one out. Personally I would go Mind Flay first, then alternate Improved Mind Blast and Psychic Scream.

I will do more later, if there is a need.

Last edited:
Shadow Meld is very good if you are doing a little World PvP, and its good for defending bases in AB.

Hey guys Paster here. I have no points in either Discipline or Holy. Its all Shadow atm. I am up to Darkness at level 35. I didn't put any points into the extra reach for spells or agro management talent. after my 5 points are put into darkness I will be able to throw my point into Shadowmeld at lvl 40. Any suggestions on what after that? I think for pvp, Discipline would be my next option for talent points. Suggestions?

Last edited:
When I get to 40 with Oddbob, I plan to put the rest in Discipline. I really dont see a purpose to spend points in Holy when you cant cast holy spells in Shadow Form.

Edit! - Id show you a template but the firewall here at work will not let me go to anything WoW related.

The reason you might choose holy is so you can be more healing effecient when healing in instances. Even though you are shadow you still need to do the instances for the gear.

If you are going for a face melter, then undead priest is the way to go. WoTF and Devouring Plague are two awesome PVP racials. Devouring Plague is a DOT that heals as it does shadow damage which is nice since you can't easily heal yourself in shadowform. It allows you to put two DOTs on a single target (shadow word pain). WoTF is like having a second pvp trinket. When I pvped with my shadow priest, I went fully into shadow for shadowform.

As far as shadow talents go for pvp, I agree with skipping improved fade. I would also skip shadow affinity as you are not worried about threat and spirit tap as both are PVE talents. Being horde, it is important to pickup Shadow focus as two alliance classes (paladin and priest) have shadow resistance buffs. Otherwise everything else is good to invest in. If I were to respec to just do pvp again, I would like to try:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...020010000000000000000000000000502525103511251

Here is a couple of PvE Shadow Priest builds:

Build 1
Build 2

There is next to no difference between these two builds except in the shadow tree. One build has 2 points in improved vamperic embrace and the other has 2 points in improved fade. Fade is a self preservation talent and vamperic embrace will assist in healing, assuming you are DPSing in a group setting. Which will be frowned upon, especially if you are the only healer.

PvP Face melter build

This is my Darth Avesther build that I used a couple weeks ago and it is crazy nuts nearly unstopable DPS. I was taking on a rogue, hunter and shaman at once and winning those types of outnumbered battles. In one WSG battle, I had 35 killing blows, 95 Honorable kills and 8 deaths. These kinds of stats is nearly unheard of in level 60 WSG for alliance unless you are part of a BWL\AQ40\PvP crazy guild. There are no talents in this build that will help you as a healer. You can still heal, but you'll generate crazy agro, your heals will only be base + healing gear, and your mana pool will dwindle fast. But you can melt, remelt and smelt faces with it.

Back