Should my SP screen be moving?

amusedtoe

I just got my SP last night and it's great, can't believe the difference between it and the original. This evening though I noticed that the screen was shifting forward and back when I'd move when just earlier today it was crisp and tight. Is this normal or should I be worried about this and see if I can exchange it? I expected the hinge to relax over extended use, but not this much and not after two days.

SirThom

You should go back to GameCrazy and have them look at it. I have noticed with some malfunctioning games that they will replace them no questions asked.

amusedtoe

Well I took it back tonight and I'm very happy with my Game Crazy experience so far. I showed the guy the problem, who also happened to be the one who sold it to me, and within a few minutes I was all set with a new SP whose hinge wasn't all messed up. I'm far less impressed with Nintendo's customer service in this case, though if I had the system for some time it would be different as you'll see. I called their customer support just to verify this wasn't right in case it was disputed when I tried to exchange it. The rep instantly understood that I had a problem but Nintendo's solution was to replace my 2 day old system with a "remanufactured" one. This equated to sending me someone elses system that broke and they fixed to replace my brand new one. I'm just glad Game Crazy took it back or I would have lived with the messed up hinge for a couple months before I took a used one for mine.

SirThom

Ahh yes, very good! GameCrazy rocks!
tounge.gif

amusedtoe

Nah there's not a good enouh reason for me to get a DS yet, as shiny as it is since the DS software isn't that compelling. I'm figuring try to wait a year when the DS and PSP will be out, since now that it's become sub-$200, and see which one I like better for sure since I know I'll only be getting one and don't want to regret it when the GBA will do. Plus we all know Nintendo, in the next year they'll have a half dozen new colors and special editions at least.