SOE questions

soozun

Just curious how many people are in SOE. I heard that SoE is maxed out at 100. Is SOE close to that point yet or not? I am a new member of SOE and I visited the guild hall last night. It was pretty cool. I'd like to see people there at some point because that would be quite a sight.

Can someone orient me to SOE activities? I know the info is out there, but it would be nice to see it spelled out here. I'm also interested in the Bible study. What's the deal with the chat thing? Are there scheduled chats or do you just drop in whenever.

We split to 2 guilds because we hit the 100 member in-game limit and were continuously kicking inactive people out to make room for new people. Since the split, SoE has filled back up to nearly 100 members again, but we have some long term inactive people (6-9 months since last logon) as well who could be clearaed to make room if needed.

Events at the guild hall are someone random. The most common time to find people there (SoE hall anyway) is on Tuesday and Friday nights before our PvP events usually starting at 10pm eastern.

If you have a mission or something you want to do specifically, please feel free to post a date and time here on the forum to advertise. Also, use alliance chat in advance to let our allies know too.

there are around 63 members in SOE, again, thats a rough estimate, since i havent looked at that for a while. But i remember seeing 63.. and thats not including officers and Derk.

Heres the weekly forcast (in SOE terms)
Monday: Bible study (forgot time, Ducky help here)
Tuesday: PvP (10 PM EST, SoE Hall)
Wednesday: Raven PvE ( i think this is still going on)
Thursday: ________
Friday: PvP (10 PM EST, SoE Hall)
Saturday: Dredd, PvE
Sunday: _________

Soozun, when u first log into GW there is this little green paragraph that shows up in the chat. That has all of these times and days in there and can be checked any time by the guild window ( Hit G and click the "Status" Tab, im preety sure its Status tab)

im not sure i understand what you mean about the "Chat thingy" im guessing thats referred to the Bible study, that has a time in which everyone gets together in SoE hall and does that. and feel free to chat any time you want on Alliance Chat or Guild Chat, but try and be respectful to others.

Thanks for explaining all that! I'm just figuring out the game controls and the basics of the world, so I'm not at a point where I'm a "contender". So maybe it's not that essential that I be able to access SoE things (since it seems that it's the PvP stuff that happens exclusively over there?). But it would be nice in the future, if I show my metal, to perhaps request membership if someone inactive could be booted?

I'm going to post another thread requesting further help/info. Thanks again!! :)

Plenty of non-SoE alliance members join the team on PvP nights. So much so that we rarely have an official SoE Team. :p That being said, once you're on your feet, don't hesitate to join in. There's no reason to switch guilds over it. (I'd hope not anyway.)

-Chadley

im not sure i understand what you mean about the "Chat thingy" im guessing thats referred to the Bible study, that has a time in which everyone gets together in SoE hall and does that. and feel free to chat any time you want on Alliance Chat or Guild Chat, but try and be respectful to others.

I thought I saw something on the Spirit of Elijah web site about an irc type of chat, but I think I might be remembering the #toj Gamesurge irc chat: http://www.toj.cc/toj.php?x=main/chat

That's a different thing altogether.

If you do the Bible study in the SoE hall, does that mean I couldn't take part in the Bible study on monday night unless I become a member of SoE? I believe I'm a member of SOE (Spirit of Elisha). Elisha was cool though. God sent the bears for him. ;)

Plenty of non-SoE alliance members join the team on PvP nights. So much so that we rarely have an official SoE Team. :p That being said, once you're on your feet, don't hesitate to join in. There's no reason to switch guilds over it. (I'd hope not anyway.)

-Chadley

Cool. Thanks for the encouragement. I have been a long time player of other games but since starting GW, I feel completely disoriented because everything is so different.

You can visit the guild hall of ANY of the alliance member guilds. Just click on the alliance tab on your guild (G) menu and either double click on the guild name or pick the guild and click the "visit guild hall" button at the bottom. The only exception to this is if your characters are in the starter (pre-sear) area of the original campain, they cannot visit the guild hall.

You can visit the guild hall of ANY of the alliance member guilds. Just click on the alliance tab on your guild (G) menu and either double click on the guild name or pick the guild and click the "visit guild hall" button at the bottom. The only exception to this is if your characters are in the starter (pre-sear) area of the original campain, they cannot visit the guild hall.

Yes! That's so cool. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer that. I totally want to check out all the alliance guild halls now. Just because I'm a dork like that!

Nah, I agree; it's fun. And welcome!

Thanks! It was fun. I saw them all earlier when they were empty. But I actually saw people in the SoE Guild Hall at the PvP event. I was a tag-a-long but it was fun. Someone killed me but I didn't mind because I knew they were Christian so they'd show up at my memorial and say how nice I was. :D

but i do have one request for the 8:30 EST monday night Bible study. that you have TeamSpeak downloaded and are on, i understand that you may not have a microphone and that is ok, you can simply type your response but it is easier for me when i dont have to type every single word. Plus there are less long silent moments while i would be typing. if you need help registering with the server just try and me on i would be glad to help you anytime.
Joey.

but i do have one request for the 8:30 EST monday night Bible study. that you have TeamSpeak downloaded and are on, i understand that you may not have a microphone and that is ok, you can simply type your response but it is easier for me when i dont have to type every single word. Plus there are less long silent moments while i would be typing. if you need help registering with the server just try and me on i would be glad to help you anytime.
Joey.

Ok thanks for the heads up on that. see you on Monday!

Back