Some Free to Play Games on Steam

Razzle0925

Did anyone get into Spiral Knights at all? It's free to play but if you want this to be easier to get you can pay. I played it awhile back on Steam and kinda backed out for a bit as the friend I was playing with decided he didn't really like the game any more. Thought about playing it again and actually re-downloaded it. Also, I downloaded RaceRoom, Star Conflict and Planetside 2. Figured I could try those out. Still looking for some friends on Steam too.

Last edited:
I have PlanetSide 2 installed, but haven't played more than 20 minutes because I don't have the motivation to scale the learning curve (learning cliff?) and play the game well.

I actually enjoyed Spiral Knights and probably would have played it more often if it hadn't been a free-to-play game. Co-op brawler with online multiplayer and multi-floored dungeons? Sounds great to me! Too bad it's F2P and saddled with all that "pay money to get more energy" nonsense. :(

I see you already added me on Steam, so we're good on that front. My favorite Steam-enabled F2P games are DC Universe Online and Lord of the Rings Online. :D

Haven't actually played Spiral Knights, though I hear good things from friends with similar tastes. There's always TF2, too, and it's popular around here. :)

I have PlanetSide 2 installed, but haven't played more than 20 minutes because I don't have the motivation to scale the learning curve (learning cliff?) and play the game well.

I actually enjoyed Spiral Knights and probably would have played it more often if it hadn't been a free-to-play game. Co-op brawler with online multiplayer and multi-floored dungeons? Sounds great to me! Too bad it's F2P and saddled with all that "pay money to get more energy" nonsense. :(

Yeah, I was playing SK for quite some time and when I looked at upping my armor and weapons....the amount of stuff you need to collect if you are a free account in crazy. I may try getting back into it though. I dunno.

I see you already added me on Steam, so we're good on that front. My favorite Steam-enabled F2P games are DC Universe Online and Lord of the Rings Online. :D

Haven't actually played Spiral Knights, though I hear good things from friends with similar tastes. There's always TF2, too, and it's popular around here. :)

Yeah I tried TF2 after a friend recommended it and I died a lot. lol. couldn't decide on a class either.

How is it? Haven't tried it yet.

Not being a fan of, or very good at, FPS's. I find it fun yet challenging. It is still in "beta" and there is some things that need to be addressed(balancing and such). But overall... 7/10. FPS w/o all the gore.

Yeah I tried TF2 after a friend recommended it and I died a lot. lol. couldn't decide on a class either.
Hang out with ToJ and the TF2 server regulars some Tuesday night (starting at 8:30 p.m. Central) and we can help you learn the basics in a friendly environment. :)

I downloaded a new one last night. Warframe. It's pretty cool. It's a third person shooter but you get some powers and you wield a sword...HOW COOL IS THAT?! A couple different skins/classes so that's pretty cool too. Best part of all...FREE!

Back