Stanley Cup...

Stanley Cup... - Who will win?  Calgary or Tampa Bay??

• Calgary in Four

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Tampa in Four

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Calgary in Five

• Tampa in Five

• Calgary in Six

• Tampa in Six

• Clagary in Seven

• Tampa in Seven

• Who gives a rip...it's only Hockey!

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] ([7F]Otter @ June 09 2004,5:38)]LOL...  Too bad they didn't give it the same effort they gave it in previous games...
Who says they didn't? It didn't seem to me that Tampa Bay was all that much better. Winning 2-1 is a lot different then 7-2. It takes alot of effort to keep it close.

Calgary may not have played their best game, neither did Tampa, but Calgary didn't fall apart either. They played a good game that would've won them almost any other game in the playoffs.

Its not like this team has had alot of practice in the playoffs in the last 15 years. They didn't make it only a few rounds in. They went from the dredges of the league to #2 in one year. Had this team been making it into the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the playoffs the last 4 or 5 years, they would've won the cup handly this year.

Alot was going against them and they rose to the challange, met it head on and ended up 2nd overall. Better then ANY Canadian team has done in the last 10 years.

Its not that it is Too bad they didn't give it the same effort, they just didn't have it in them anymore. Ran out of gas on the last home stretch. And this is typical of a team that does not have the experience in the playoffs.

And the reality is, Tampa Bay was not alot better. They didn't blow Calgary out. They didn't come back from a 3 game to 0 or 1 deficit to win. It was neck and neck to the end, it was a photo finish, it was a win by 1 goal. Tampa was hardly any better.

I didn't say they didn't try, or they sucked, I just said that if they had given it the same effort as in some previous games, they would have come home with it. I think they have had better games. At pretty well the end of the second period, I had to leave, but by then, down 2-0, I was a little bit disapointed with the way they were playing. Not badly, just not at the same level as Tampa.  Gotta hand it to them though, they beat all odds and unfortunately came up the losers in the seventh round of the finals.  They were SO CLOSE to taking it in game six.  In any case, my point is the same.  They have had better games, and in my opinion, Tampa outplayed them.  Sux to be them, better luck next year.  Unfortunately for you, I hope Edmonton actually takes the cup, so I really don't think Calgary has much of a chance...  
tounge.gif
  Wishful thinking, I know.  But hey, that's what flames fans were saying last year at this time, and look what happened.

In the beginning there was Calgary and Edmonton: Lanny McDonald and Wayne Gretzky. And forever more shall there be a rivalry between the two cities and henceforth on the sporting fields they shall battle until a Champion shall rise from the dust. And that champions name shall be............

Jesus?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ May 25 2004,9:52)]My goodness...who voted "who gives a rip"  I am insulted!!!!  3 people did and counting.

<span id='ME'><center>Gods_Peon is very serious!</center></span>
MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

Back