Stranger in a Strange Land

Khairra

A stranger approaches the Knights of the Trinity's message wall, clear blue eyes curiously trying to make sense of the various parchments tacked up there. For a long time she stared, trying to understand what she saw before her. She had heard this guild followed the "one god" she had been told so little of and yet desired to learn more about. But soon she was forced to admit she could not read the strange hand. Shoulders slumping, she turned away with a sigh, wondering where she would go next...

From the window Icthus watched the blue eyed madien examine the posted notes along side the guild house. The light was on, but she did not look toward the door. He wondered if she was in need or hurting. It was obvious she was seeking something, something greater than herself.

He went to the door to open it and speak to the woman. However, by the time he reached the door she had left the message board. Icthus stood in the rain and wondered where she may have gone. He then took a piece of parchment and drew and arrow pointing to the door with a simple smile next to it. He hoped she would return and understand the meaning of the note.

Icthus went back to stoke the fire and put on some tea, hoping for a visit from the stranger. He might even have to bring out the good lamb to feed the new guest., if she came back.

Some time had passed before she returned and spotted the newly placed, simple note which she would easily understand, though she had lingered around the house a bit longer before getting up the nerve to enter.

Upon entering, though there was still a dying fire in the hearth, she found the house empty. It didn't come as much of a surprise to her. Like her old clan hall back home, these places were often empty with the members out hunting, socializing, or any number of things.

Even though it was plenty warm inside, the girl, who appeared Avalonian, kept her cloak on and hood drawn up, as if she were afraid someone might get a good look at her and for one reason or another condemn her for her appearance.

Despite her misgivings, the shy stranger began to cautiously explore this guild's home. It was very different from the buildings she was used to, but lovely no less. Noting all the differences, she searched the house top to bottom before eventually returning to sit by the hearth.

Weary at heart from being so far from home and weary in body from all her travels, she soon slipped into a light slumber.

When she awoke however much later, the guild hall was still empty. She tried to pass the time by wandering the town, taking in the various sights, but soon she grew restless with it.

In her scrystone, which she had manage to bring with her, she saw that quite a few of these Knights of the Trinity were awake and at their hunting. So she chose one...one she felt may have been the one to leave the note. And with a great deal of trepidation, she contacted him through the stone.

To her surprise, the response she got was soft-spoken and patient. What she had expected, she was uncertain, but it was not that. Perhaps she had been warned of much worse. But even the gentleness of voice she met with was not enough to ease the pain and confusion the answers themselves brought.

Yes, she had heard this god was called the "one god", but she did not know he was considered the only true god. How could that be? What of all the other gods and goddesses she had been taught of in her short lifespan? It seemed impossible. Her clan leader himself had said he was given a mission from the mother goddess and that he had seen her with his own eyes! Surely he wouldn't have lied to her. Khairra trusted him, served him, cared for him. He wouldn't do that to her. And what was this about this "one god" creating everything? That was not the way she had heard it.

Khairra would have inquired further, much further. But the one she spoke with was forced to cut the conversation short when other business drew him away.

Now she found she could no longer sit by the fire and meditate over her questions nor the few answers she received. She was struck and the restlessnes the worst it had been since she arrived in this place.

Making use of the guild's porter, she traveled to the isle of Avalon, thinking to perhaps do some hunting until she could clear her mind or at least to see a bit more of the land.

((On an ooc note, I'd love to interact with this guild but am not really sure how to go about meeting up with anyone. And I don't know if I'd really be welcome to join, as my character is not Christian. Either way, nice to see a Christian guild out there.
smile.gif
))

The cot was not terribly comfortable, but certainly more so than the cold stone floor. Perhaps it was from his case of the chicken pox that caused his discomfort. Well, not the chicken pox that comes with childhood but the one that results from an oversized chicken trying to peck you to death. Malohaut had been in the Northern Mountains on a quest for a local when this crazed bird came out of nowhere and wailed on him.

But by the grace of God, he survived the ordeal, vowing to be more cautious in the future. But for now, the abbey monks suggested that he remain in rest.

Perhaps it would give Malohaut a chance to better fellowship with the Trinity and maybe even to be more available for newcomers.

(ooc: we don't have a lot of role players in the guild, and as you have noted, most are out trying to level or get artifacts or realm points and the like. But just try to start a conversation with anybody. If they're busy, they may not have the chance to communicate. No worries. Just try someone else. I'll try and be on a little more often to meet with ya if you'd like.

Welcome to Albion.

Oh, and regarding your question. How would your non-Christian character feel being in a guild of Christians? Would make for some fun role playing opportunities. I know that one member already role plays a non-Christian.

In any case, glad to see you. Hope to meet you in game.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Malohaut @ Mar. 01 2004,11:10)](ooc: we don't have a lot of role players in the guild, and as you have noted, most are out trying to level or get artifacts or realm points and the like.  But just try to start a conversation with anybody.  If they're busy, they may not have the chance to communicate.  No worries.  Just try someone else.  I'll try and be on a little more often to meet with ya if you'd like.

Welcome to Albion.

Oh, and regarding your question.  How would your non-Christian character feel being in a guild of Christians?  Would make for some fun role playing opportunities.  I know that one member already role plays a non-Christian.

In any case, glad to see you.  Hope to meet you in game.)

((OOC: how sad. It's really hard to find roleplayers even on the roleplay servers.  
sad.gif

As far as how my character would interact, she'd question. A lot.  
smile.gif
 She's definitely seeking and she already very curious and innnocent by nature. It's a long story. <smiles>

But if your guild welcomes members who roleplay non-Christians, I'd love to be a part. The only thing I feel obligated to mention is I don't know how often or how long I'll be around, as Percival isn't my "home" server.

Hmm, maybe I should just post Khairra's story here for convenience?))

Back