Suggestions for Hunter talent points?

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Ulfbrikt is now level 33, but the last time I spent any talent points was level 21 (to get Aimed Shot). Does anyone have suggestions for how to spend the remaining 12 talent points?

Click here, then the "Talents" tab, then the "Marksmanship" tab to see where I've spent my points so far.

Here's the lvling build I used.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...500300130000000502510305130513300000000000000

First 11 points in markmen to get aimed shot, next 6 points into survival to increase dmg on mobs. Next 5 points into endurance traning under beast master to increase pet's HP. Then work your way down the markmenship tree to get trueshot aura (I <3 trueshot aura). Then jsut use the other points in bm till you hit 60. I find many people say BM is pretty fast for leveling... from my prespective this is not true because a pet's dps will never be more than the hunters so theres no point twinking a pet up. So by giong either survival or mm a hunter's dps will go higher and hence the kill rate.

Here is the current build that I use. Works well in pve and pvp
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...000000000000000502510305130513300220500020000

As a hunter you must have Feign Death hotkeyed. It helps to ditch agro when you do insane dmg or the tank is sleeping. In pvp, FD + trap!!! Then take a nice big aimed shot :)

Awesome. You should spend your talents as much as you can. Almost every one respecs atleast once when they hit 60 so don't fret if you dumped a talent where you didn't want it, just keep it in mind for the respec. Also have feign death(FD) on your tool bar, FD is my best friend in instances. It can save you lots and lots of gold in repairs, you can also mana up while everyone is in combat for longer fights.

lanki said:
Awesome. You should spend your talents as much as you can. Almost every one respecs atleast once when they hit 60 so don't fret if you dumped a talent where you didn't want it, just keep it in mind for the respec.
Roger that.

lanki said:
Also have feign death(FD) on your tool bar, FD is my best friend in instances.
I hotkeyed Feign Death to ALT+F and also added it to the first slot in the bottom left toolbar. My main toolbar (from left to right) holds: Attack, Raptor Strike, Wing Clip, Mongoose Bite, Potion/Bandage, Hunter's Mark, Auto-shot, Aimed Shot, Concussive Shot, Serpent Sting, Scorpid Sting, Arcane Shot.

My setup

When I want to auto attack I just right click on the mob. For autoshot I just click on the icon thats 3rd down in the outside most right action bars. I'm going to use "->" instead of hotkeyed to or remapped to.

Freezing trap -> G
Feign Death -> R
Scatter Shot -> T
Hunter's Mark -> V/8
Viper Sting -> 9/Y
Immolation trap -> NumPad +
Aspect of the Cheetah -> Numpad 7/Home
Apect of the Hawk -> Numpad 8/Up Arrow
TrueShot Aura -> Numpad 9/Page up
Mount -> Numpad - (mounting and dismounting with the same key to get those alliance chasing you, or flee after fding)

This isn't the greatest hotkeyes setup in the world but I have been playing with it for so long that I would /cry if it were changed.

lanki said:
[...]Mount -> Numpad - (mounting and dismounting with the same key to get those alliance chasing you, or flee after fding) [...]
Anadi is a SPY!!!! <chain fears Anadi>

Back