T4 PvE Raiding

coldturkey49

The time is now.
The Time is for Redeemed to rise up and overtake the forces of destruction!

But guess what? :D
We need the gear to do it.
Mythic designed this game in such a way that you need good gear to meaningfully contribute in end game content.

We are going to start doing T4 PvE raids as a guild.

The first instance we will run is Bastion Stair -> http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/The_Bastion_Stair
We will run Bastion Stair until we get a good chunk of people geared with Bloodlord Gear.
Here is the Iron Breaker's Bloodlord set -> http://www.wardb.com/itemset.aspx?id=4336

How Bastion Stair works:

You have 3 wings. Left = easy. Right = medium. Middle = hard.
You can run around in each wing with up to a full raid group.
You gain influence by doing public quests within the wings.
The influence is similar to chapter influence, there are 3 'tiers'.
Once you have enough influence, you can access the bosses of a particular wing.
Tier 1 influence means you can get to the left wing boss.
Tier 2 influence means you can get to the right wing boss.
Tier 3 influence means you can get to the middle wing boss.

The bosses CANNOT be done as a raid group, but as standard 6 man group.
The bosses are the ones that drop the phat loot :)
The bosses are on a 24 hour lock, keyed per group (I think).

What the guild will do:

We will start off by getting people influence in Bastion Stair.
So for the first few PvE Raid nights, it will be doing PQ's and getting influince.

Once we get enough people with enough influence that can form a solid 6 man group, we start farming loot off the bosses.

And eventually, we will get enough people with enough good gear, and we can move on to other instances, like Sigmar Crypts and Warp Blades.
These instances are 6 man group only, 3 day lockout (I think).

What is a SOLID 6 man group:

Minimum Requirements for Bastion Stair 6 man:
1 tank
1 healer
4 whatever

Preferred for Bastion Stair 6 man:
2 tanks
2 healers
2 DPS

Minimum Requirements for Sigmar Crypts and Warp Blades 6 man:
2 tanks
2 healers
2 DPS

So we NEED T4 Rank 40 tanks, and we NEED T4 Rank 40 Healers.

The tank situation:
Right now, the guild is in desperate need for Rank 40 tanks that play on a regular basis.
We have 2-3 right now, and that is not enough.
WE NEED TANKS PEOPLE!

The healer situation:
The guild has a decent amount of healers in T4, but none of them are rank 40 :(
We have 2-4 Rune Priests, 2-4 Arch Mages, and 2 Warrior Priests that are T4 and active.
So healers, Rank up to 40 ASAP!
And if you need people to play with to rank up because soloing as a healer is so slow, let me know, let Icthus or Odale know, the guild WILL help you.

The DPS situation:
We got 1 Witch Hunter that plays and is Rank 40.
We got 1 Bright Wizard that plays and is Rank 40.
We got 1 White Lion that plays and is Rank 40.
We got a few up and coming shadow warriros.

So DPS classes are pretty much good to go for now, if we have a shortage down the road, we can deal with it then.

Oh, and you need to be on vent. Seriously.

Now you know about Bastion Stair, and even a little about Sigmar Crypts and Warp Blades.
You also know that the guild needs tanks and healers for this to work.
So what's next?

Raiding structure:

For 6 man groups, priority will be given to people who:
Have higher rank
Fill needed roles (tank, healer, dps).

For raids in Bastion Stair for influence, come one come all who can fly to the zone.

I give the orders, and expect them to be followed.
I accept input, especially if I am uncertain in how to proceed (just ask Kutluch)
If you got questions, ASK! Like the old saying goes: "You got to speak up if you want to be heard".
If you got a beef with me, we talk afterwards. No interrupting the raid plz.

I was the leader of 2 guilds in my past.
The first guild was before Christ, the second guild began before I accepted Christ and died several months after I accepted Him.
I was a nasty leader then back then. (read big jerk).
It has been a few years, so I am confident that Christ's work has gotten rid of the jerk inside me, but I am still a tough leader. :cool:

The time and scheduling:

PvE raid nights start January 5th.
Raid nights will be scheduled every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.
Raid times will start 6:00 PM(Pacific Time), and go as long as they go. "EDITED - was 7-9 PM before"
We could be doing a PvE raid every night, and if we get enough people who want to, we will.
But I am starting out 3 nights a week for now.

I will be sending mails IN GAME to every person who I feel has a T4 character that can contribute AND has logged in within the last few weeks.
So make SURE to check your inbox and REPLY the mail so I know you got it.
Tell me with the IN GAME reply -> if you are interested, what your schedule looks like, and anything else I need to know.
I will reference this thread in the mails.

If you think I should have mailed you, and I did not, reply in this thread.

And a final word or two:

I really hope this PvE raiding thing kicks off and succeeds, but to be honest, I have some big doubts.

This guild has a choice.
We can get the good gear to do end game content, and become a force to be feared by Destruction.
Or, we can not. Some people's definition of fun excludes PvE raiding and gear farming.
I understand, trust me, I hated PvE raids for a long time after a bad experience in a guild years ago.
Choose what God wants you to choose, His will be done.

God Bless you all Redeemed.

Last edited:
dude I like totally want to resub just to raid under Ilya! I can tell you guys are gonna tear it up! Good Luck!

I'll respond to the mail next time I log in, and check the raids scheduled to see if I can make it. This should be pretty fun, if we can get enough tanks and healers.

PvE raid nights start January 5th.
Raid nights will be scheduled every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.
Raid times will probably be 7-9 PM, but that can change depending on needs of participants.

7-9pm in which time zone?

Pacific Time Zone

I'd like to see at least one night start earlier. That's 9-11 for me (Central) and an hour later for the Easterners. We even have one guy (at least) east of Eastern- whatever zone that's called. 9-11 CST is a little late during the week when I gave to get up at 0520 hrs.

Safry is in Atlantic (GMT -0400). And I'm with Sam. Being an east-coaster, there's no way I can play until midnight and get up for work at 0530. If you can have one night that's flexible, that'd be terrific. Then again, if you don't have the people needed to run it earlier, I get sacrificed off :)

Somewhere around here is a poll that shows what time zone everyone is in, if that'd help.

The time is negotiable, for all nights.

I put a hard time on it to see what people would say more than anything.
I was under the impression most people were EST Time zone, guess not :(

How about 6:00 PM - 'whenever we are done'?
That is probably the earliest I could move it to.

Last edited:
I am eastern (thats GMT -5 btw) and I know scheduling stuff for everyone across the country is hard work.

I wouldn't mind playing until 11 or so eastern, 8pm pacific, but that's when the night is just getting started for PST people.

Some week nights I can play until 11:00 pm EST, but I need to be careful. Work comes early for me too. I'd prefer to stay up no later than 10:30 pm EST.

starting at 9p EST (6p PST) would be manageable for me. If we start promptly, I could even swing something a *little* later, but may have to bug out early. Which, if we're just grinding influence, that might be okay.

I'm excited about this post!!!

However...the overall feeling that I was getting from people in a previous post was that they were rerolling characters. If people are rerolling and are still in tier 2, there could be some time till we see a fully active raiding schedule.

Our tank situation seems to me to be the biggest problem when forming balanced groups. I just haven't seen many online over the last few weeks besides BuffKeo.

If I may suggest....we should ask people what characters they plan to level to 40 first. Especially the ones in late tier 3 or tier 4. Tanks? (cough Sam? Hamy? Psalm revisit?) The game's been out long enough for people to scratch their altitis so hopefully more will settle down.

A mention on healers...
I suggest that people may want to revisit their WPs again. The surprise healing star as of late, Didasko, is boasting very powerful healing with his WP. At lvl 29, he did 300k+ healing in a tier 4 scenario. Now that's OP if you ask me!

Opinion: I think pve raids could be pretty flexible in that we can raid when enough are present (ie the eastern bunch) and rotate the western group in as the evening progresses. If people's schedules are very different, there would be a possiblility of someone missing out on a raid night but should have first dibbs on another selected night.

Left-field comment: We may be able to squeeze an occasional lvl 38/39 in these PvE raids but having high armor factor equipment or warded eq (sigmars) would be a must.

Zeb

ps. can someone tell me why my curse signature has not changed?

Last edited:
For me, I work 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, BUT usually get off of work just after 4:00 PM because I don't really take a lunch break.
I walk to and from work, roughly 30 minutes both ways.
So most weekday nights, I would be home by 4:40-ish.
HOWEVER, there are days I do not get home until 5:45.

That is why 6:00 PM (my time, that would be 9:00 PM EST) is about the earliest I feel comfortable starting the raids.

As for prompt, I normally am very 'early' to all the things I do. Starting on time is up to the people who want to raid.

Doing a boss run in Bastion Stair takes 15 minutes according to Kutluch, so that is not too bad.
Getting Influence however is the first step, and that can go on for as little or long as people can endure.
So if you are Eastern time, and don't wanna 'zonk out' at work the next day, only put in 1 hour to play it safe.
It will be fine in the long run.

Times have been edited to 6:00 PM in the post, and in the game events.
Hopefully that will work out, because without tanks, nothing is gonna happen.

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah, I buckled down and got my AM to 40. I've done BS a few times and it's interesting enough (never beat the middle wing boss though) so I guess I'll come and join the party.

Back