Taking a break..

Zeromus

Hey everyone..

I'm going to take a break from the game for awhile.  Everything is just getting far too mundane and routine for me.  I log on, I fight alone with little withstanding exp (finding a good AC group once a month or so that lasts 30 minutes tops), I sometimes do a little Spellcrafting for no reason but to waste my gold, and I get completely destroyed in RvR as Bugrol.

In the meantime I'm going to concentrate on my schoolwork and I'll be going back to my console RPG roots.

So goodbye for now.  I'll return after I feel the game calling again.

Sorry to see you go, I know you are in a difficult spot for leveling. The mid 40's are very difficult. I can say however once you get past them to 48 thru 50 it is much better. But, I also understand the burn out factor of killing the same thing over and over. I did not go into the barrows for like two months once I got out, not even with alts <shivers>.

We hope you stick around boards. I will miss the role play you brought us.

I understand exactly what you mean. I notice it has become near impossible these days to get groups to do anything unless your in AC or we have a good guild night where guildies get together. Bled and are also going to be taking sort of a break for the next month or so as we are beta testing Lineage II. Feel free to check it out as its an open beta and if you can handle the 1 gig download then the fight stealing noobs its actually a bit fun. Very sweet graphics and you can raise dragons for pets I hear. and the seigeing aspect of the game puts Daoc's to shame from what I've been told. Seems like that is where most daoc players are atm. Bled and I arent sure we'll move to that game or not as we still like daoc. Its just been lacking lately as things are a bit slow once again. Anyway it was nice to have played with ya in game a little and we'll miss ya Zeromus.

Just to clarify, I'm not quitting DAOC.  I'm just taking a break for a few weeks.  I've come way too far with Golgaros to just throw everything away.

Thanks for the encouragement about my roleplaying.  I'll try to have a bunch of stories cooked up once I return.

Jasmina, thanks for the concern. I'm going to be playing Final Fantasy 8 on my Playstation though. I really don't feel like a new MMORPG. DAOC is quite possibly the best.

Back