Team SoE - Tuesday 24Oct06

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
For our final PvP night before the arrival of the Paragon, Dervish and a host of other skills for the existing professions, I'd like to see us play with our trapping build a little more. The big question is: Other than the 4 trappers, what should we bring? We've tried IWAY warriors, ViM Elementalists and ViM Assassins.

We didn't spend long with the ViM assassins on Friday night (LATE). Do we want to try this a little more, or go back to something a little more proven?

This isn't going to be a poll, just the start of the discussion. I will plan on starting with the core team, then adding to fill the 6 spots if more people are needed. Please be on time at 10pm Eastern on Tuesday.

Also, it is in the PvP forum guidelines, but keep this discussion ON TOPIC. Off-topic posts WILL BE deleted.

Ele's needed to stay with the trappers. We ran one earth warder and one fire PBAoE. It worked OK. We actually had one team entirely afraid to come after us. It wsa definately a defensive build. After I (warder) left, I was replaced by a IWAY warrior. This worked a little better. It added some offensive power. They won and skipped all the way to HoH.

The assassins took some getting used to and it was so late, that I didn't quite get the usage down. I think it had some potential in that it allowed a little offensive spiking while still causing conditions for ViM. Next week we may have to try a 3-R/W 3-D/W or 6-D/W build. I'm sure there will be a counter for that one quickly though. It seems very susceptable to a SS Necro.

Ele's needed to stay with the trappers. We ran one earth warder and one fire PBAoE. It worked OK. We actually had one team entirely afraid to come after us. It wsa definately a defensive build. After I (warder) left, I was replaced by a IWAY warrior. This worked a little better. It added some offensive power. They won and skipped all the way to HoH.
WOOT my FIRST time in HoH (cept UW):D . that was a fun night. im fine with anything but just to throw it out there, what about 4 ViM and 2 Smiting monks, it works in my head... idk about HoH tho. (my head uses hax too so... :p)
BUT i will be there.
HoH FTW!!

Do we have any healers in this build? I was watching the Idiot Sevants and they had some healer going! He was a pro healer and was using "air of enchantment" Along with guardian witch I see alot and healing breeze. He mostly cast alot of enchantments to work off the AOE....just and idea ^_^

The ViM Assassin is a little easy to kill. I think teams know how effective Assassin are at killing quickly and target them. Good Luck tonight. I really am not happy with my job for messing with the schedule I hope it is somewhat normal next week. I should be on late.

So guys now that it's Wensday, any thoughts on how we did?

Here is mine

I was pretty happy. I thought we did better than last week. However I think we need to communicate a little bit more. I kinda felt a little lost on where to set the traps and stuff. When I was looking at the map sometimes people were like skattered all over the place too. But then again, It was really my first time with a ViM Trapper...

Sorry I was unable to make it at all last night guys. I was working on getting my new PC raided and totally setup. I will be on for Friday night PvP however!!

In all the ViM or ViMway groups I've been in, we call a target (usually we go for the Hero first) and set traps right next to where they're standing and use HS and ViM a lot

Back