Teamspeak - no sound

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
I spent over and hour last night trying to get TeamSpeak to work on my laptop. Still no sound.

My machine (work laptop - HP EliteBook 8460p) was recently updated from XP to Win7. I don't seem to have any sound issues with other programs (GW2 is fine and tested mic with Skype). I re-installed from a fresh TS3 download and newer rev last night. I also installed new drivers for my USB headset.

Here's a few oddities I've noticed:
-No system recorded sounds at all ("Connected"), even in the test screen in the setup wizzard.
-Mic seems to register just fine during the test page - level bar reacts to voice.
-No change between using USB headset and system speakers
-TS3 does not appear in the volume mixer

I don't think the program is out-putting sound to the system, but I'm not sure what settings to even try any more and google wasn't any more help either.

Any suggestions?

Some computers, such as my laptop, have multiple audio devices. Check to see what TS3 has for a setting. Normally you want it to say something like "default" which means that it changes as the computer decides (ex. speakers vs headphones, etc), but sometimes you need to set it. For me, I had to assign my TS3 audio to default because it chose one device instead of default ... took me a bit to find. Dunno if that helps, but maybe :)

Yes, I have this issue often. As Koeril mentioned - you can check this. It's under settings - change the audio device, click apply, then click the "play test sound" button.

If all else fails check and make sure your drivers for your sound are up to date.

sometimes switching to a different Operating System you have to update a driver or 2

hope this helps,
GOD bless

woot, thank you! I probably looked right past "default" a dozen times last night. Changed the drop-down and it works fine now.

Back