Tech Support Killed My Comp!

Baron Squirrel

no, really.

My brother plays City of Heroes, so i downloaded it to use one of the trial keys i got with GW to play with him. (he's in Maryland, haven't seen him since Thanksgiving)

load up the game, after the 5 hour download:eek:, and it says my video card isn't supported, which it should be.

start talking with NCSoft Tech Support, trying to get the game to run. they eventually have me download a program and wipe the video drivers, to do a clean install. fine, no problem, until i reboot my computer, prior to reinstalling the driver, like they tell me to do.

now, all i get on my monitor(s) is a black screen with a blinking DOS-like cursor.

Help?

fi this is windows xp..go into safe mode and use system restore to take the system back to the day before you called ncsoft.

CoH/V is known to cause computer problems PLUS many newer and higher level GPUs are actually not supported...My ATI Radeon X1300 Pro even through it would kill CoH/V it will not play it... I have 5 Computers and only one would play that game and it was a laptop with integrated graphics...

This is the same problem I had with Battlefield 2 with my old computer. (luckily I have a new one now, but those days... blegh.)

Anyway, I'll.. um..... pray for your computer?

ok, i switched out video cards, reinstalled the drivers, and now it works. T.S. finally figured out that i could reconfigure NVIDIA settings, basically the game doesn't like my dual monitor setup. so now i'm waiting for the game to finish downloading, and more time to see if it works.

hmm... maybe GW will run better now, too....

On a different note, I thought they canceled CoH/V...At least they were going to...might be something you want to look into...

not to my knowledge, since they're about to release a new update....

tried to run it, same errors, now T.S. is saying my video card might be dying....

Last edited:
Don't listen to them, CoH/V has always had Video Card problems...like I said, my Radeon X1300 pro (plays WoW and GW at highest settings) will not play that game even though it doesn't require all that high of graphics...

Back