TF2 Tuesday Feedback Poll

How can we improve your TF2 Tuesday?

• MORE Source Mod game modes.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • LESS Source Mod game modes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We play just enough Source Mod game modes.

• MORE chatting/all talk.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • LESS chatting/all talk.

• Chat is fine as is.

• MORE admin power use (sv_cheat things not referring to kicks/bans).

• LESS admin power use (sv_cheat things not referring to kicks/bans).

• Admin power use is fine as is.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • MORE casual/deathmatch play and LESS objective play.

• LESS casual/deathmatch play and MORE objective play.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Gameplay is fine as is.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • MORE stock maps LESS custom maps.

• LESS stock maps MORE custom maps.

• Custom/stock map selection is fine as is.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • MORE serious maps LESS gimmick (Wacky Races, Rock Paper Glitter) maps.

• LESS serious maps MORE gimmick (Wacky Races, Rock Paper Glitter) maps.

• Serious/gimmick map selection is fine as is.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • There are just not enough players on Toj T_T.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Other.

• Total voters

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
No insult to those that do but many times I've seen Toj regulars playing on other servers on our game night. I do NOT expect anyone to play with us but it does beg the question is there anything we can do better? What do those other servers offer we do not? Also to those that do play with us how can we improve your TF2 experience. It may not be something we can give but I have to ask the question first to determine that. I'm probably going to run the poll for a month or so and advertise it on Tuesdays. While voters are set to anonymous I don't know if it's actually anonymous to me or those with admin/moderator powers. Multiple votes are allowed but please don't vote on conflicting options. Feel free to post other problems/requests or message me. Anyway let me know I won't be insulted :) .

Please note source mod is currently broke. While the poll question about it is valid it has no bearing on if I will actually be able to fix it XD.

*collects "I Voted Today" sticker, applies to TF2 hat*

Thank you for everything you do to make the ToJ TF2 server a fun place to play, Gerbil! I remember very well just how much time, effort, and head-to-desk interfacing are involved with creating, configuring, and maintaining any game server, let alone a server for a game developed and updated by Valve. ("They broken SourceMod AGAIN?!" *flips table*)

I also want to say, so there can be not even a shadow of a doubt, that my votes are my opinions as a player and not any sort of executive directive as head of ToJ.

I also want to clarify that I enjoy alltalk below a certain player count. I know and appreciate that it's alltalk and the casual environment that brings players back week after week and I love that. I also know that I struggle processing multiple audio streams and tend to withdraw when confronted with sensory overload. I wouldn't want to disable alltalk entirely, but maybe we could have 1-2 maps a night (not played consecutively) where we turn alltalk off and play more seriously? I know I've really enjoyed the times when we've done that and then I'm good with alltalk the next map. Alternatively, maybe we could disable alltalk when player count reaches 13 or more, provided we're playing on a "srs bizness" map (e.g. not Wacky Races :))?

We have a great group of regulars and it would break my heart for my preferences to push anyone away, especially given my spotty attendance record. I just wanted to reinforce that I love what we have and very much appreciate the folks that keep the server running and active week after week. :)

Back