The UBRS run.

Odale

When runs usually go bad due to people not paying attention or not following instructions, i usually keep my mouth shut. However... this was absurd. This UBRS run was a total waste of everyones time. Im sorry if it sounds harsh, but its true. I know PUG groups that run UBRS more smoothely and effeciently. Normally im PUG groups, members dont run into BWL and try to solo bosses, thats uncalled for. Next time, when fellow guild members or even friends need a boss, how about everyone else try their hardest so that the people that need the items, can get them... even if you dont need it. It was a huge insult to waste peoples time like that. I was relying on that run for an opportunity to get the Blood from Drakk... Thanks Jaxter for attempting the run, most people wouldnt even try. :(

Last edited:
Now that i have had a chance to calm down I can now post without the total disgust that I felt at the time of this "raid" seething out. For the first time since I joined redeemed, I felt totally embarrassed by the actions of my guildmates and those we run with.

I know that when I sign up for a raid I am comitted to getting that raid done for the benefit of all those involved. People besides myself taking time out of their lives and freetime to participate in a group to have it disinigrate around their heads after a few hours is unacceptable. Further when the raid begins to fall apart and we are recruiting people to come in and help us out we need to focus! I call in friends of mine IRL and in game to assist us and we waste their time with our childish behavior. This to the point that my friends are asking me, "this is your guild? the ones you speak so highly of?" At that point and time I had never felt ashamed of my guild or its members.

Raid Coordinators must keep things in check. If you have a person or person's being disruptive (i.e. running in to solo bosses, and silly things like horde burgers) need to be corrected. That is your JOB just as much as calling pulls and deciding loot rules. We are a big enough guild with enough people in need of things that the "trouble makers" can be replaced. Give them warnings, inform them on the consequences of their actions. This free for all of adolescent behavior cannot go on. Please stop wasting my time and the time of all the other members of raids. Game faces on folks.

I feel as if a bit of a "while the cats away, the mice will play" situation occoured here. I wish that Goblit or myself could have been on to help the situation but alas, we too have real life and enjoy our time away from the game as well.

And not to take away from those who felt let down, look at this as a learning experience. A 5 man run in Sunken Temple is pretty easy, very little planning involved other then make sure you have a tank, a healer and some DPS. Then you get into 10 UBRS and you need some leadership. Pull this, crowd control that, etc... Imagine now the many more complications those who lead 20 and 40 man raids? There is a reason why Goblit, Young, Fjorboug, Icthus, Gnomegeddon (and many more who are too numerous to list) lead them as a team.

Alot of the stuff in UBRS is tougher then what we face in MC. In MC, trash never comes in more then two mobs unless you happen to pull more then expected. ZG and AQ20 trash can be up to 4 or 5 sometimes more. But UBRS, can be 6 or more and with a group of 10, that can be very tough.

The number one rule in this game is "Respect other people as you would have them respect you." Respect their time, their need to get quests done, their skill (or lack of it and help them get better), their knowledge (or lack of it and train them) and themsleves as a person. Work as a team, not individuals trying to get to the top of the damage\healing meters.

The best way to do instances, is not to stop. Only, place anyone should stop is on bosses to mana up (L2ConserveMana) and discuss strats. The rest of the instance should be doable without having to mana up. If your finding yourself healing people that are not tanking repeatedly, let them bandage or die, so that they learn their lesson, not to pull agro and to firstaid.

Back