This is no game so who do you think you are?

Jeshurun

Have you ever asked yourself "who am I?".
I just realized that alot of Christians don't know who they are in Christ.
Now that Christ is in us we are a new creation.

I've begun to realize that if I actually knew who I was in Christ now that this new life that I have now may go a wee bit smoother.

I decided I must know who I am in Christ.
The following is something I plan to read outloud for a very long time so that I will NOT FORGET who I am in Christ.

This is for those of us who need to have it carved into our hearts the TRUTH of who we are in Christ.

Heres is who I am,

I am the salt of the earth [Matt. 5:13].
I am the light of the world [Matt. 5:14].
I am a child of God [John 1:12].
I am a part of the true vine, a channel of Christ's life [John 15:1,5].
I am Christ's friend [John 15:15].
I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit [John 15:16].
I am a slave of righteousness [Rom. 6:18].
I am enslaved to God [Rom. 6:22].
I am a son of God; God is spiritually my Father [Rom. 8:14,15; Gal.3:26;4:6].
I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing His inheritence with Him [Rom. 8:17].
I am a temple-a dwelling place-of God. His Spirit and His Life dwell in me [1 Cor. 3:16;6:19].
I am united to the Lord and am one spirit with Him [1 Cor. 6:17].
I am a member of Christ's body [1 Cor. 12:27; Eph. 5:30].
I am a new creation [2 Cor. 5:17].
I am reconciled to God and am a minister of reconciliation [2 Cor. 5:18,19].
I am a son of God and one in Christ [Gal. 3:26,28].
I am a heir of God since I am a son of God [Gal. 4:6,7].
I am a saint [1 Cor.1:2; Eph.1:1; Phil. 1:1; Col. 1:2].
I am God's workmanship-His handiwork-born anew in Christ to do His work [Eph. 2:10].
I am a fellow citizen with the rest of God's family [Eph. 2:19].
I am a prisoner of Christ [Eph. 3:1; 4:1].
I am righteous and holy [Eph. 4:24].
I am a citizen of heaven, seated in heaven right now [Eph. 2:6; Phil. 3:20].
I am hidden with Christ in God [Col. 3:3].
I am the expression of the life of Christ because He is my life [Col. 3:4].
I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved [Col. 3:12; 1 Thess. 1:4].
I am a son of light and not of darkness [1 Thess. 5:5].
I am a holy partaker of a heavenly calling [Heb. 3:1].
I am a partaker of Christ; I share in His life [Heb. 3:14].
I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house [1 Pet. 2:5].
I am a member of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession [1 Pet. 2:9,10].
I am an alien and stranger to this world in which I temporarily live [1 Pet. 2:11].
I am an enemy of the devil [1 Pet. 5:8].
I am a child of God and I will resemble Christ when He returns [1 John 3:1,2].
I am born of God, and the evil one-the devil-cannot touch me [1 John 5:18].
I am not the great "I AM" [Exod. 3:14; John 8:24,28,58], but by the grace of God, I am what I am [1 Cor. 15:10].

That is who I am in Christ and I believe this and so I'm going to remind myself of that fact everyday for this is a major part of my charactor now.

That is who you are.

Who do you think you are now? Thats right all of the above "REMEMBER":)

I am born of God, and the evil one-the devil-cannot touch me [1 John 5:18]

I have a problem with this one.

Are you stating that, as a Christian, you are impervious to the pain and suffering of this world? It looks like Satan touches your life every day.

Have you ever asked yourself "who am I?".
I just realized that alot of Christians don't know who they are in Christ.
Now that Christ is in us we are a new creation.

I've begun to realize that if I actually knew who I was in Christ now that this new life that I have now may go a wee bit smoother.

I decided I must know who I am in Christ.
The following is something I plan to read outloud for a very long time so that I will NOT FORGET who I am in Christ.

This is for those of us who need to have it carved into our hearts the TRUTH of who we are in Christ.

Heres is who I am,

I am the salt of the earth [Matt. 5:13].
I am the light of the world [Matt. 5:14].
I am a child of God [John 1:12].
I am a part of the true vine, a channel of Christ's life [John 15:1,5].
I am Christ's friend [John 15:15].
I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit [John 15:16].
I am a slave of righteousness [Rom. 6:18].
I am enslaved to God [Rom. 6:22].
I am a son of God; God is spiritually my Father [Rom. 8:14,15; Gal.3:26;4:6].
I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing His inheritence with Him [Rom. 8:17].
I am a temple-a dwelling place-of God. His Spirit and His Life dwell in me [1 Cor. 3:16;6:19].
I am united to the Lord and am one spirit with Him [1 Cor. 6:17].
I am a member of Christ's body [1 Cor. 12:27; Eph. 5:30].
I am a new creation [2 Cor. 5:17].
I am reconciled to God and am a minister of reconciliation [2 Cor. 5:18,19].
I am a son of God and one in Christ [Gal. 3:26,28].
I am a heir of God since I am a son of God [Gal. 4:6,7].
I am a saint [1 Cor.1:2; Eph.1:1; Phil. 1:1; Col. 1:2].
I am God's workmanship-His handiwork-born anew in Christ to do His work [Eph. 2:10].
I am a fellow citizen with the rest of God's family [Eph. 2:19].
I am a prisoner of Christ [Eph. 3:1; 4:1].
I am righteous and holy [Eph. 4:24].
I am a citizen of heaven, seated in heaven right now [Eph. 2:6; Phil. 3:20].
I am hidden with Christ in God [Col. 3:3].
I am the expression of the life of Christ because He is my life [Col. 3:4].
I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved [Col. 3:12; 1 Thess. 1:4].
I am a son of light and not of darkness [1 Thess. 5:5].
I am a holy partaker of a heavenly calling [Heb. 3:1].
I am a partaker of Christ; I share in His life [Heb. 3:14].
I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house [1 Pet. 2:5].
I am a member of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession [1 Pet. 2:9,10].
I am an alien and stranger to this world in which I temporarily live [1 Pet. 2:11].
I am an enemy of the devil [1 Pet. 5:8].
I am a child of God and I will resemble Christ when He returns [1 John 3:1,2].
I am born of God, and the evil one-the devil-cannot touch me [1 John 5:18].
I am not the great "I AM" [Exod. 3:14; John 8:24,28,58], but by the grace of God, I am what I am [1 Cor. 15:10].

That is who I am in Christ and I believe this and so I'm going to remind myself of that fact everyday for this is a major part of my charactor now.

That is who you are.

Who do you think you are now? Thats right all of the above "REMEMBER":)
Praise God for His Light! woot!

I agree with all but the last one..
And I'll also add a few to your list as well! :)
Galatians 3:26
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.
Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
1 Corinthians 1:30
But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
Not "I", but Christ Jesus in me! :D
Isaiah 56:5
5Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
John 17:1-11
10And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
John 17:21-24
21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
For, since I have joined myself to Him, I AM One with Him :D
Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Romans 12:5
So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Romans 15:6-7
That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 6:17
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

1 Corinthians 10:17
For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.
1 Corinthians 12:12
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:18
But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

No longer I
No longer I

No longer I
No longer I

But Christ that Liveth in me! :D

I have a problem with this one.

Are you stating that, as a Christian, you are impervious to the pain and suffering of this world? It looks like Satan touches your life every day.

I fell in the tub not two days ago, my foot and knee being injured..

First thing I heard was the Lord saying "Here I AM!", and in so saying was exhorting and edifying me in order to BE what God has re-created me to be..

Ephesians 4
13Till we all come in the unity of the Faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:15b may grow up into Him in all things, which is the Head, even Christ

The full head Christ Jesus my Lord! :D

maybe a member of christ's body, possibly meaning a member of His family.

basically i'd say a member of other believers...

just my 2¢

He means that Satan cannot touch his soul.

You have it mostly right.
No Satan cannot touch my spirit.
I am in a war, a battle but its not my war its God's war and from time to time my earthly body is hurt. Thats a normal part of war.:)

maybe a member of christ's body, possibly meaning a member of His family.

basically i'd say a member of other believers...

just my 2¢

You are exactly right Shyfroggy.:)

The body of believers, the body of Christ is the church.

And Corpfox perhaps if you actually would read the scripture verses beside my sentence you would understand what Shyfroggy said here.

You have it mostly right.
No Satan cannot touch my spirit.
I am in a war, a battle but its not my war its God's war and from time to time my earthly body is hurt. Thats a normal part of war.:)

I am born of God, and the evil one-the devil-cannot touch me [1 John 5:18]

So Satan CAN and DOES touch you?

That's quite a bit different than what you originally said.

You know Jesh, You and all that agree, are everything that God says you are! To deny such a thing is to say you are no part of God's plan! Simple fact! All one can do is confirm their standing among one another to show this is a fight for life eternal!

And Corpfox perhaps if you actually would read the scripture verses beside my sentence you would understand what Shyfroggy said here.

Okay, I read them, interesting.

So, if a child of yours was deformed or dysfunctional, you would love them as they were your own? How would they fit-in your religious ways?

http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7997&highlight=disabled

1 Cor.12:26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

I can't see any mental disabled people actually going to Heaven because they may or may not know the difference.

Sure. Jesus has healed the sick and cured normal people, what about the others that are not so normal? Can anyone please give me a verse from a Bible saying anything about disabled people? Jesus healed disabled people, or cured them; made them normal, that disabled people are actual equals to normal people, et cetera...

Hey Jesh

Thank you for posting this thread. We took part in a study about this very same thing in a previous church we attended. It did wonders for my walk with Christ.

And, Thanks for the reminder too ;)

Gen

DV - when one is Christ centered, it changes one's perspective of the world, and the personal events that are experienced. Knowing that while Satan may try to physically attack you is really minor compared to knowing that you will be with Christ in paradise for eternity. This concept is very challenging to grasp. Many times I personally forget Who lives in me and try to work things out on my own.

I am, though, everything listed in the above passages. And when we focus on those things instead of Satan, the attacks from Satan are not as much of a focus.

Gen

DV - when one is Christ centered, it changes one's perspective of the world, and the personal events that are experienced. Knowing that while Satan may try to physically attack you is really minor compared to knowing that you will be with Christ in paradise for eternity. This concept is very challenging to grasp. Many times I personally forget Who lives in me and try to work things out on my own.

I am, though, everything listed in the above passages. And when we focus on those things instead of Satan, the attacks from Satan are not as much of a focus.

Gen

Eh? That simply sounds like you're avoiding the issue.

The pain and suffering is still there, but you simply try to ignore it by saying that Satan will have no power over you in the next life even though you are experiencing pain and suffering right now.

I'm sure there's a psychological term for this, but it eludes me.

So Satan CAN and DOES touch you?

That's quite a bit different than what you originally said.

Before you are born again you are spiritually dead in other words your spirit is dead because of the sin factor.

When one is born of God their spirit now has eternal life. That person is immortal in his spirit through faith in Jesus Christ, His name is recorded in the book of Life. Satan cannot touch that spirit.

Even though the man born of God now has eternal life his mortal body can still be attacked by Satan. Satan can only attack the physical body. the flesh. He does that in order to discourage the faith we have in Christ but God turns his attack around on him and we become stronger in our reliance in God.
We recieve a greater blessing out of it.

But those who seek Him in His word grow strong and no matter what comes to their flesh their eyes are fixed on Jesus and the word of God resides in their hearts and they are not swayed by such circumstances that Satan may bring.

As there is a book of Life [Phil.4:3; Rev.3:5; 20:12,15; 21:27]. I can only assume there is a book of the Dead as well. Rev.20:12 mentions the word books and goes on to say that another book was opened, which is the book of life.

Okay, I read them, interesting.

So, if a child of yours was deformed or dysfunctional, you would love them as they were your own? How would they fit-in your religious ways?

http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7997&highlight=disabled

I can't see any mental disabled people actually going to Heaven because they may or may not know the difference.

Sure. Jesus has healed the sick and cured normal people, what about the others that are not so normal? Can anyone please give me a verse from a Bible saying anything about disabled people? Jesus healed disabled people, or cured them; made them normal, that disabled people are actual equals to normal people, et cetera...

If I had a disabled child why would I not love him if he is my own child? Love does not descriminate because of a disability.
I would still raise them up in the knowledge of God and pray with them. They are no less human and God can save a disabled child as well. Nothing is impossible with God.

I will give you some scriptures verses where Jesus healed them.
These are people with a disability that Jesus healed [Matt. 9:1-7; Matt. 9:27-32; Matt. 12:9-13; and there are many more if you will only read through the gospels for yourself.

And you should know that the healings have not stopped.:)

Back