This weeks L4D Wed. 10/19 & 9/14

Whon

Tribe of Judah Left 4 Dead Chapter Leader
So, I like Grey's suggestion and I'm making it this weeks campign so go download Dark Blood 2 and maybe someone can help me get this oil stain out of my blood soaked shirt.

Side note: Tek anyway you could bring up you private l4d2 server this week to run 2 co-op games at once?

Side note: Tek anyway you could bring up you private l4d2 server this week to run 2 co-op games at once?
Certainly! The server is running on an older PC, but I'm confident I have enough upstream bandwidth to support 4 players (but probably not 8).

And did you mean to schedule this custom campaign for this week (Sept. 14) or next week (Sept. 21)? Either way is good for me.

Your right, I wrote the wrong date, fixed now.
Roger that.

I've downloaded the campaign and installed it on my private server.

All that's left is to make sure SourceMod and Metamod: Source are up to date (or at least current enough not to break the game) and hope that the campaign author doesn't upload a new version between now and Wednesday night.

Okay, I have the latest snapshots for SourceMod and Metamod: Source installed and all Versus-related SM plugins disabled. I resolved the "No Steam logon" issue by adding "+ip" and my external IP address to the command line. I can no longer use RCON, but SourceMod is installed and working, so that's no trouble.

I do believe the server is ready for Wednesday night!

On a related note: Grey helped me test the server last night and while pings are still playable, Grey's ping was ~50-60ms higher than on the ToJ server. I recommend we have any West Coast or Alaska players play on the ToJ server and any Midwest or East Coast players play on my server on Wednesday to keep pings as low as possible.

EDIT: I'd still like to do a quick test run to see if my connection has the upstream bandwidth necessary to support 4 players, so if people could download and install Dark Blood 2 and help me by running through the first level on my server before or after TF2sday tonight, that would be super duper.

EDIT#2: Would it be a good idea to start using the custom campaign announcement threads as sign-up sheets for Left 4 Wednesday events? That way, we'll know who intends to play instead of spamming invites 15-30 minutes before the game night starts and waiting while people go download the campaign (at least, I would hope a sign-up sheet would help reduce the time we spend waiting to start).

Last edited:
I would love it if people posted in the announcement like a signup, unfortunately most seem to just check it last minute... will have to come up with a way to force people to sign up :)

Okay, I'm installing Windows updates on my laptop and desktop computers now. Once they're finished, I'll restart both, load up the L4D2 server on my desktop, and load L4D2 on my laptop.

Going to bump this again, believe we had a request to play this again. I hope the finale goes better 2nd time around.

So, this week we will play Dark Blood 2 again for a campaign.

I 1st planned on versus, unless others disagree...
I'm good either way. I just need a few hours notice so I can update my L4D2 server if necessary.

*UPDATE*

I'm having to post pone this for one week, I have a supplier meeting Wednesday night and I won't be around to make sure the server is ready. So, this won't be for this Wednesday, but for next week's L4D Wed.

Woo woo! Custom campaign tonight!

And it hasn't been updated since the late time we played (so we don't have to ask everyone to re-download and re-install it and Whon doesn't have to re-upload it to the server)! Yay!

Back