Thoughts on Nintendo Switch OLED?

Krissa Lox

I'm thrilled to be able to say that an important milestone has been reached with the family gaming project in that other family members are now happily using the Switch often enough that I need to start considering getting a separate one for my development work.

Since this would just be for me personally, I don't mind getting something used to save money, but I was wondering if anyone might have experience with the OLED version (the one I got for family is the original, not OLED, model) to know if it's worth paying extra for the benefits it offers?

My thoughts are: I want an OLED model but I already have a standard Switch and I can't justify the $350 + tax buy-in, especially now that my oldest child has a Switch Lite. (I considered getting an OLED model for myself and handing down my Switch to her, but that would have cost $350 + tax instead of $200 and we just didn't have the money to spare at the time.)

That being said, I have played with the OLED PS Vita model and that screen is GORGEOUS. So if money wasn't an issue, I'd probably pick one up (but I'd probably wait for the rumored Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom OLED model).

Back