Thursday - August 15, 2013

Part Time Player

Matthew 6:34

So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
NASB

My wife and I just returned home from the Emergency Room with our 4 week old son who had been suffering from some breathing problems. With my history of lung deficiency (asthma) we are always cautious with our children. My 2nd daughter was admitted to the hospital at 5 weeks old with pneumonia, and we feared the same was happening with our son. Praise God it was a completely different issue that was causing his raspy breathing pattern that is easily remedied by a change in his eating pattern. Sounds strange but it got me to thinking about the different things we are going to have to do going forward. We have to get all new bottles and nipples, have to change his eating schedule and the way we feed him. Instead of just enjoying a moment of peace that God granted to us with the chest X-ray coming back negative, I was too wrapped up in what else needed to be done in the days ahead.

Don't worry, be happy. :)
Live in the fact that God allowed us to wake up for another day to serve Him.

Each day really does have enough troubles of its own...but each day God shows His love in marvelous new ways. Thanks for the reminder. Prayed for your baby.

Wow. I needed this one. Definitely been in a funk since my return from vacation. Finding myself snappy with the kids after a great week of amazing patience, not taking advantage of spending time with my wife, and generally blah. I feel it has a lot to do with general stress around work, our farm, our rental, health issues, etc. One small scripture has really cleared my mind and brought my focus back to God.

Thank you.

Back