Thursday November 3rd, 2011

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
I have to admit, when I first pulled up my VoTD for today, I was drawing a total blank. And while I know that happens, its not something I am used to.

However, this led me to some serious introspection. If a verse coming to mind before was so easy, why was it so difficult today? At this moment? What had changed in my heart attitude?

And then it came to me while I was skimming verses, trying to find the right one for today.

1 Peter 4:7 said:
7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.

It wasn't about what I wanted to post, its about What God wanted me to post. I was letting my own self doubt cloud my mind and losing the self control that was there in my haste to figure what I had done wrong.

So I simply stopped to pray, its amazing how fast the tumult of your mind can quiet when you turn your eyes to the Lord.

I feel more energized now than I did first thing this morning and all it took was a reminder from Peter to do it.

I know exactly what you mean. So many times I've struggled while trying to put together my lessons for the youth group. I'm up late on Saturday night, and have no ideas, stuff just isn't coming together.

Then I realize that I am focusing on what "I" am going to teach, instead of what God is going to teach. When I stop, pray, and let God lead, the lessons come right together.

Been there - too many times - if I stick with it I eventually come around -kind of like you did. Thanks for sharing the struggle and the verse.

Back