Time to settle this!

Zeena

Jesus SAVES!

Jesus saves to the utmost those who have (whether past, present or future) placed thier faith in His work on the cross!

Nothing can snatch them from His hand!
Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing man can do can add or take away from His work!

And if you do not believe this then you are simply not walking in faith!
But God is greater than our hearts, if our hearts should condemn us! :p

Jesus SAVES!

Jesus saves to the utmost those who have (whether past, present or future) placed thier faith in His work on the cross!

Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing!

I surely hope that you are not judging everyone that doesn't believe in your beliefs exactly. I have seen born again people that have fallen and don't live for God anymore. Will they make it to heaven? It is not my place to answer that question. That's God's job.

Walking in Faith? lol...Have you read any of my testimonies? And you say I don't walk in faith?

A born again that accepts Jesus on the cross...then later in life changes their mind and says...Jesus doesn't exist, what happens?

I'm not attacking you or your beliefs, But I do fear when a person convinces us, or tries to, that we will make it to heaven no matter what we do, as long as we accept Jesus.

Luke 9:23 said:
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me

Those were the words of Jesus. He said daily...not once and then forget about me and quit living for me and you can still come with me, but daily.

Whew

Warning to all....be careful with your responses. This has the potential of being a great conversation. It also has the potential of getting very very ugly

Gen

Remember Yesterday is just that> Dwell not on the past but on the very day you were "given". When you are saved is just exactly that "Saved". Now for backsliding is not to much to worry over but a total fall from grace would point out that you never really was saved. It means that one just fooled their own heart and others into believing so.

If we are not governed by the Holy Spirit what profit will the mere designation of spiritual be to us? This is after all a matter of life, not of title.

If we live by faith and obedience we can expect the Spirit to do a most holy and wonderful work in us. "If we live by the Spirit"-this is our faith, for we believe that the Holy Spirit abides in us, then "let us also walk by the Spirit"-this is our obedience (Gal. 5.25). We ought to believe simply and restfully that our Lord has given us His Spirit, now abiding in us. Believe in His gift and trust that the Holy Spirit indwells you. Take this as the secret of Christ's life in you His Spirit dwells in your innermost spirit. Meditate on it, believe in it, and remember it until this glorious truth produces within you a holy fear and wonderment that the Holy Spirit indeed abides in you! Now learn to follow His leading. Such guidance emerges not from the mind or thoughts; it is something of life. We must yield to God and let His Spirit govern everything. He will manifest the Lord Jesus in our life because this is His task.

Jesus SAVES!

Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing!

No need to stick a tongue out here because I concur with what you are saying on a personal note for I do believe this.
When I was 8 years old I believed in Jesus and accepted him but as I grew older I lost focus of him. I still believed in God but I did not serve him. I served my self, became a drug addict, and dealer. I was into astro projection and finally lost my belief in God. I hated everyone including myself, not careing about anything. Lets just say I was very bad person and evil was in my heart big time.
Thank God though for a praying mother and to God who never let me go. I should be dead a hundred times over but God had his hand on me through it all and He brought me back to himself. I was a prodigal son.
He had mercy on me and saved me through His Son and adopted me into His family and now I am honored that I am allowed to serve Him forever.
What more can I say about a Loving God who has mercy upon me and showed me His great love.
He is Wonderful and full of compassion and I love Him.:)

Some words of encouragement to this post...

John 10:28-29
The Living Bible (Paraphrased)

(28) "I give them eternal life and they shall never perish. No one shall snatch them away from me, (29) for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else, so no one can kidnap them from me."

Many Christians claim that they are saved and going to heaven from this scripture.

Romans 10:9
9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

These same Christians say that Catholics are a cult, or won't make it top heaven. Every Sunday...EVERY...they say the Apostle's Creed.

Apostle's Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.

He descended into hell. [See Calvin]

The third day He arose again from the dead.

He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty,
whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy *catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Amen.

Hitler also claimed to be a Christian.

SO what is really trying to be said here?
I still do not know or understand :)

The amazing thing is that you might one day see Htiler in heaven because anyone can be saved through Jesus Christ no matter how bad you lived in this world. Hitler certainly would not have the crowns to lay at the Lord's feet that other will but God's grace is for EVERYONE.

Then again, CLAIMING to be a Christian and actually ACCEPTING Jesus as your lord and savior are two different things. None here on earth can claim to know who is in heaven and who isn't, we are all sinners and it is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that God sees us as pure and sinless.

The amazing thing is that you might one day see Htiler in heaven because anyone can be saved through Jesus Christ no matter how bad you lived in this world. Hitler certainly would not have the crowns to lay at the Lord's feet that other will but God's grace is for EVERYONE.

Then again, CLAIMING to be a Christian and actually ACCEPTING Jesus as your lord and savior are two different things. None here on earth can claim to know who is in heaven and who isn't, we are all sinners and it is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that God sees us as pure and sinless.

Granted, I have no idea whether Hitler is in heaven or not. I don't know his "heart condition". And I'm not his judge. But the atrocities he committed were in the name of God according to him. He believed he was doing right. And doesn't it say something about "you workers of iniquities I knew ye not." in the bible, even though they claimed to do God's Work in his name?

and let me repeat the scripture that many Christians base their salvation on:

Romans 10:9
9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

It says confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe he was raised from the dead. It doesn't say anything about Him being a savior, or dying for our sins, What's up with that?

Religion is a funny thing ... doctrines are a funny thing. All I know is that I am saved by God's grace. Does that mean I can cuss you guys out and then go have an affair against my wife and still get into heaven? I don't know, and neither do you for 100% sure. I suggest you don't push your beliefs on others for you may be giving them false information. And then they base their whole faith on 1 statement YOU made. All I know for 100% sure is that I need to live my life as much as Jesus, as sinless as possible.

As for my beliefs, I believe that if you fall away from God, then you will have your name blotted out of the Lamb's book of Life, just like the Bible says. I don't know where God's grace stops, but I don't intend to find out. Now, I understand that some of you don't believe what I believe and that's your choice. You don't need to state again what you believe or try to push your beliefs on others and say it's the rock solid 100% truth.

and let me repeat the scripture that many Christians base their salvation on:
It says confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe he was raised from the dead. It doesn't say anything about Him being a savior, or dying for our sins, What's up with that?

That's just ONE scripter verse..The bible is God's letter for all mankind, and it is written completely in the person of Jesus..

There will be weeping and knashing of teeth!

That's just ONE scripter verse..The bible is God's letter for all mankind, and it is written completely in the person of Jesus..

There will be weeping and knashing of teeth!

I'm not claiming this scripture is all it takes, but my son once was told he was going to heaven based on this scripture and this scripture alone. It has taken me years to undo that. Thankfully through prayer and alot of talking he knows there is more.

Back