Trading Post - cannot buy

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
I tried to buy something out of the trading post last night. I have about 70 silver on that character and the item I was trying to buy was about 9 silver, so I had enough, but the "BUY" button was greyed out and I couldn't figure out what I had to do to be able to push it. I sold something through the trading post last week, but this is my first attempt to buy. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Be careful with the buy button - it lags. I was having the same problem buying a dagger - I pushed - I tried again - and again - before it lit up and said okay. When I went to pick it up I had bought four daggers. Fortunately I didn't lose but a few copper when I merched them. Check your pick-up tab.

I will say - the Trading Post is great. I aam able to keep armor and weapons up with my level. I buy about every 8-10 levels, depending on how bad I'm getting pounded. I tend to run in areas I shouldn't be in yet. Glad I'm not working a survivor.

I've had that exact problem, Abba San. Ended up buying multiples of one thing, and am very careful about pushing the button now.

I did see a post on twitter about the TP being down for a bit earlier today.

For me, the button doesn't give any appearance shift on mouse-over to indicate that it is active. I did click - at least 5 times - a couple of times doing that - but didn't buy the item I was trying to get.

Do you have to have a credit card linked to buy things in the coin trading post?

ah - I was buying with in-game currency, not real money.

My guess is that you would have to have a card attached to the account.

I've found that sometimes it's simply grayed out, and the way to fix it is to re-open the TP. There's been a few other issues as well, like orders not going through, getting an error (but the order DOES go through!), etc.

The items you've bought outright should be available for pick-up, last tab. The items that you are "buying" (have put offers on) are in the My Transactions -> click "Items I'm Buying" from drop down. This gives you an option to cancel any orders, which can be picked up for no penalty. If you're missing silver and have made offers, it's likely this is where your money is hiding.

I'll reboot tonight before I log in, hopefully it was just a bug.

I did try reopening the "O" screen a couple times as well as visiting a couple actual "Trader" NPC's instead of just opening "O" nothing seemed to work for me last night and nothing was showing up in my history screens.

Logged in tonight and and it seems to be working just fine. I guess just restart the client... or the new build fixed it.

Back