Tried out Voice Recognition yet?

Shagz

http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/74_1.php

Here's an article on how to get Voice Recognition working. Basically this allows you to give orders to your bots. It's pretty neat, I tried it in an Onslaught game, and somtimes the computer didn't recognize what I was saying, when they did, they did exactly what I told them to. Very neat.

I've also decided that Onslaught is a pretty wicked game mode.
smile.gif
Haven't played online yet, but those vehicles...wicked. My only regret is that XMP will be overshadowed by Onslaught which is a real shame. :p

BTW, those of you with the demo, do want to get together sometime for some Onslaught action?

I am going to set it up. I hope to see you online. Just give me an ip address and I will be there when we match times. I work evening so 12am to 2am EST would be good for me or in the morning. 9am to 12pm.

I haven't played Onslaught online yet, don't know of any good servers yet, I'll look around. I was thinking more of a specific date and time to get ToJers to take on a server, but we'll see how many are interested first. Once I find a good server, I'll post back here.

I love Onslaught. I love voice recognition. And I would love to play this game online with other ToJ members. Again. (Vanaze and I hit a server the other night and represented for the ToJ about a week ago.)

ColdSteel, I got the Onslaught server up, but not the Assault server...is that the corect port number, 7787?

As for Onslaught hook ups, would peeps be interested in a late night Fri hook up? 12am EST (to work with Steel), meet in IRC and go from there?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagz @ Feb. 24 2004,11:14)]As for Onslaught hook ups, would peeps be interested in a late night Fri hook up?  12am EST (to work with Steel), meet in IRC and go from there?
I'd most definitely be interested. So that'd be 11PM Central? I think I could swing that.

Onslaught and assault are the two maps this server rotates. One game Onslaught and one assault. I'm still working on the voice chat. I got it installed just got to get it working.

Ok, so 11pm CST, 12pm EST, Friday night.

BTW, I *might* not be there right at 12; I'll making an appearance at a birthday party for a friend. Hope to be back in time. If I'm not, go ahead and find a server, and leave a message in IRC (I'll leave IRC on before I leave, send me a PM or change your nick to the IP address you're at).

Again, I hope to be back before 12, but this is just in case. Shall I send in a news item for the ToJ news page, see there are others who are interested?

S.

yes , the more ToJ'rs the better. I can't be online until 1-1:15 am EST. Also my mIRC isn't working at the irc.gamesnet.net channel #toj anyone know why? or has something changed. maybe post an ip address here so I can catch up with you all. CS

ColdSteel, it's about 12:50 now, I'm going to hit up the Wolfgaming server you mentioned before - 65.206.113.131:7777 - it has some open spots, so hopefully you'll get this and I'll see you there.

Good gaming with you CS, too bad we didn't actually get to play on the same team.
smile.gif
I kept running into you, fighting over Power nodes.

K, is it me, or are there really just entirely too many noises and sounds in that game? I had trouble figuring out when somebody was chatting to me, or when somebody was trying to share important team info (not that anybody was, but you know...) Maybe I'm going to have to play with the settings for the HUD and size of the chat bar, if that can be done, 'cuz I basically felt like I was "on my own in a group."

And the Voice over IP...blessing and a curse. Blessing, 'cuz know we don't need Teamspeak. Curse, because now you can listen to all kinds of course language and juvenille belittling chatter from every person on your team.
sad.gif
Fortunately there are filtering tools, and I quickly figured out how to ban this one guy who wasn't giving me needed team info at all, but ugh....

One thing I've noticed is that the older a game is, the more mature the players online are (see Quake 3). The newer the game is, the more immature and rude people are (see UT2004). :p

Yes I agree the chat has it's downfall. I was setting here playing the other night and what language just sounded off. I would like to use the team chat , I think it would be a great thing. I have used a program called Roger Wilco http://www.planetunreal.com/fordy/rogerw.htm and you talk by giving out an ip address or port address. only the ones you want to join will be in your chat loop. I was hoping we could have been on the same team. I think we could do well together. I'll be on later tonight if you are around. I'll see about changing teams.
ps. on a good note. there we two saved in church today it was an awesome service. CS.

Back