Tuesday is Custom Map Night at the New Server

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
Red_VS_Glados_Advert.jpg

The Place: The new server at IP 8.12.19.2:27015

The Time: Tomorrow, Tuesday January the 27 at 8:00 PM central.

The Maps:

cp_gydan
cp_oilrig_b3
ctf_backwards_b1 (you take the Intel into the enemy base to score on this map)
pl_frontier_b2
pl_mill_b4
pl_swift

Click here for the Map Pack
Map Install Instructions: You'll need 7.Zip for decompressing them get it here if you don't have it. Dragging and dropping the decompressed tf directory into the team fortress 2 directory (the path should be similar to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<<<your steam account>>>\team fortress 2 ) and then approving the overwrite should install them (or at least does on XP). Note: This map pack includes all the maps on our new server not just the maps we will run Tuesday.

EXTRA! Click here for a 1024-768 version of the picture for wallpaper if you liked it. The 7zip file contains versions for Toj, SoC and Christian Crew.

If you find the server full our old server will still be up for the date at 8.9.3.149:27015 or Christian Crew has an open invite for us to use their servers at 69.13.38.155:27015 for Stock Maps and 64.182.65.83:27015 for Custom Maps.

Did you find all 4 obvious psychotic computer references in the picture text? Be one of the cool kids and waste a second of your life trying! < I wink, smile and light glints off my teeth as I give a thumbs up thus proving my coolness :p>

Also for those who were wondering who was doing what in the picture...

Heavy: The insanity of Glados has reduced him to sucking his thumb in a fetal position.
Engineer: Praying for help, he's the only calm one :) .
Scout: Freaked out by the Glados part he picked up!
Medic: Either running away from the Glados missiles or taken aback by the Demo's breath take your pick :p .
Demo: Glados was to much for him, he got tipsy, slipped on a sapper and got knocked out.
Spy: This is going to take a whoooooole lot of sappers.
Pyro: The Brave Pyro takes on Glados single handedly! Fight on noble Pyro!
Soldier: Tall areas just beg for a rocket jump followed by a shovel taunt announcing to the world he is crazier than Glados... or at least higher up.
Sniper: Just running away.

Note: Sorry about getting this up so close to the date but I worked a long time to get it ready.​

Last edited:
I've downloaded the map pack and, barring any power outages caused by ice storms, I'll be there tomorrow night.

Side note to Zanthox: Please make your sig shorter (in terms of height, not amount of text). I thought you wrote a block of text only to realize you posted a one-line reply. :p

EDIT: By the way, Gerbil, did you make that graphic? If so, that's pretty impressive.

EDIT: I've updated my sig and the ToJ home page with banners for the new TF2 server.

Last edited:
EDIT: By the way, Gerbil, did you make that graphic? If so, that's pretty impressive.

TY. Yuppers I made it. I do many art related things, typesetting layout/graphic design for my Father's printing Company, digital painting (but I am majorly out of practice due to getting distracted :/) and I am also trying to learn modeling, texturing and dabbling in the source engine. Basically I feel a strong unfulfilled need for good Christian video games to combat the humanistic tripe (as you've seen me rant :p). So one day I hope to make one, the right way that is. I bought Gary's mod on Friday to make the picture but it took me this long (hence the lateness of the post) to make it because that program has some major issues XD (I actually could have made it look a tiny bit better but ran out of time).

Note: I've still got a lot of add-ons to put on the new server but I wanted it up and going before next month and the other server turning off.

Note to admins: The command to invoke the admin menu on the new server has changed to sm_admin.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get all the crazy computer references now.
I get HAL 9000 and Dave, I got GLaDOS, I got WOPR(YAY!), but I'm trying to remember which one [end of line] was. I know I've heard of it, but it's slipping my mind. ;_;

I did a quick run through of these maps, and I must say I'm excited; there are some real lookers among them, and I can only hope they have gameplay to match. It will be nice to finally (hopefully) see some alpine themed maps in rotation.

I'm trying to get all the crazy computer references now.
I get HAL 9000 and Dave, I got GLaDOS, I got WOPR(YAY!), but I'm trying to remember which one [end of line] was. I know I've heard of it, but it's slipping my mind. ;_;

It's Master Control Program from TRON

I bought Gary's mod on Friday to make the picture but it took me this long (hence the lateness of the post) to make it because that program has some major issues XD (I actually could have made it look a tiny bit better but ran out of time).

Garry's mod only has one major issue it's an error between the keyboard and chair. :D

EDIT: Next time can you make the map pack something other than a 7zip file. Now I have to install 7z in wine and that's just unfortunate.

I still plan to attend tonight's event, but I may spend more time spectating than playing because my ISP = fail.

Garry's mod only has one major issue it's an error between the keyboard and chair. :D

Forced laughter, Har, Har. <kidding> No when your people spontaneously turn blue (without you doing anything) and the sappers on the ground jump around like crickets on a hotplate if you even breath on them Gary's mod has issues :p.

More importantly is there a way to turn off the collision on objects with themselves? You can do it with them colliding with other objects but I could not find a way to make an object not collide with itself. As it is it makes things like placing hands clasped an impossible task as a npc rejects himself. Try adding and positioning a rocket turret from portal and watch it move around like a possessed appliance trying to straighten itself out :p.

EDIT: Next time can you make the map pack something other than a 7zip file. Now I have to install 7z in wine and that's just unfortunate.

I'll put it on a to do list to add another version but the upload takes forever so you won't have it by tonight. You'll have to download from map changes. What do you want it compressed as?

I take it you're running Linux?

Check out this article on Wikipedia for links to Linux software for creating and extracting .7z archives.

I have File Roller and it doesn't work with 7z files all the time. I have a cli version of 7z installed I was just pointing out. 7zip is fine if that's what you prefer.

Back