Unreal 2 XMP demo out tomorrow!!

Shagz

Check it. The demo will be stand alone, which means you won't need Unreal 2 to play, but the full version will be made available to download for free for those who have Unreal 2.

Also, if you missed Unreal 2 the first time, you can buy the *special edition* which contains the original game plus XMP. I'm not sure how that's going to work - why not just buy the original Unreal 2 at a discount and then download XMP for free - but we'll see how the prices shake down.

So the full XMP add-on will also be available tomorrow? I'm so confused. ;_;

If it is released tomorrow, I'll have to re-install Unreal II and give it a spin some time.
biggrin.gif

The XMP demo is released NOW, but the full version will not be available to download 'til later this month. In the meantime, you can download the stand alone version via any of these mirror sites.

I'm hoping to go online breifly tonight to try it against humans but I played a bit with it myself this morning, and it's pretty cool. The only complaint I have so far is a) you can't throw grenades and shoot at the same time (you have a seperate grenade launcher, which I guess will be nice for newbies) and b) the handling on the "warthog" type vehicle seems strange if you have any experience driving the real Warthog from Halo.

Other than that, tres tres tres cool...hope I can find a server tonight with a good ping.

Oh! BTW, when you join a server, for some reason it takes you back to the main screen and doesn't show you anything about it connecting. Be patient, eventually a message comes up saying that it's connecting to whatever IP address...And the server browsing tool isn't nearly as good as UT2K3's but it might be improved in the final.

See you online maybe! (I'll still be playing Q3F though, no worries.
smile.gif

Back