Unreal 2 XMP?

Shagz

Just curious to see if anybody knows anything about the Unreal 2 XMP (Expanded Multiplayer) add-on that's suppose to be coming out...eventually, and how many plan to play?

For those who don't know, XMP is a free multiplayer add-on for Unreal 2 for the PC. It adds:

- 3 vehicles
- 3 character class types
- Improved frame rates
- Big maps
- Combination CTF/Domination game play (CTF: each team has two relics; guard your relics while trying to cap the other team's | Domination: each team has energy nodes which allow them to do things, like set up sentry guns, use anti-personel turrets, and use vehicles; capturing and holding these points is just as important to the game as capping the relics)

I don't have Unreal 2, but I'd buy it just for this multiplayer. Me loves my class-based gameplay.
smile.gif

Shagz

I applied for the Unreal 2 beta after borrowing Elihu's copy of U2 to check it out. I haven't received a reply yet and plan on returning to Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne for my next single-player endeavor so I just burned copies of the original CDs and let it be.

If they let me into the beta, I'll have to clear up some web space and try it out. As for an official release, I have no idea when it will be out. I'm just eagerly awaiting Unreal Tournament 2004.

biggrin.gif

Yea, I'm up for UT2004 - really looking forward to the return of Assault.
smile.gif
Not that I need any more games...I just beat Elite Force 2 SP campaign last night, and now I have to move on to a bunch of other games that have been sitting around: WC3, Max Payne (using the Kung Fu Mod
smile.gif
, THPS 3, and an older turn-based fantasy strategy game called Disciples 2, which I played a lot of the way through, but haven't picked up again for 6 months. I've totally forgotten where the story is.

Anyways, keep us posted on that beta...I'd love to hear what Unreal 2 XMP is like!

Cheers,
Shagz

Can't access it? It's not password protected or subscribers only or anything like that...why can't you get in there? Maybe the site was just down at the time...

As for other sites...no not really. Everybody's slobbering over UT 2K4, and the Beyond Unreal article is the best one I've seen. Oh, there might be one on gamespot...

Yea, there's a Q and A.

Back