Update your client

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
Steam is overloaded today so if you want in our TF2 game night quickly I suggest you get it updating now. I'm putting the password on the server as well until regulars get in. Password TF2FTW pass it around to our regulars.

Mine must have updated when I was AFK. I'm trying to pull up the TF2 Wiki to read the patch notes, but the site is crawling (maybe affected by Steam sales?).

EDIT: Here are the patch notes from a different (but still official) source:
All News
Full Stories Headlines
14:38
Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Updates Released
Product Update - Valve
Updates to Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)

* Fixed an engine crash caused by too many precached models in some community maps.

Day of Defeat: Source

* Fixed an exploit where clients could prevent weapons from recoiling properly.

Team Fortress 2

* Added several crafting recipes for new weapons.
* Added a ton of items to the store.
* Added a ton of items to the random drop list.
* The following hats are now paintable or have had their paintability improved: Pyromancer's Mask, Detective Noir, Madame Dixie, Buckaroos Hat, German Gonzila, Flipped Trilby, Coupe D'isaster
* Fixed a spelling error on the "Pyromancer's Mask".
* Corrected the name of the "Claidheamh Mòr" to the joy of our Celtic players.
* Made "Le Party Phantom" a misc slot item.
* Fixed a client crash caused by custom stats panels.
* Fixed a bug where some new items weren't being dropped correctly.
* Removed displaying the top 10 players in the leaderboard if you have never won a duel.
* Updated the localization files.
* Fixed a regression in Tournament Mode item whitelists.
o Also added "mp_tournament_whitelist", a convar that allows servers to specify a whitelist file to use.
EDIT: See this page for known blueprints.

Last edited:
Back