Vent and WAR

Lloren

Christian Gamers Alliance Forums Administrator
Is anyone else have problems getting both of these working together? I seem to have to switch back and forth to talk and the keybindings are dropping in WAR. Very strange.

Haven't had any issues thus far, and unfortunantly not even sure what to tell you to try. :(

LFT CTRL

Are you using Vista?

Duet had issues using vent, vista and war. He had to run vent on ADMIN mode or some such.

yes its the dreaded vista virus.. /shakeshead

i'll give that a shot tonight

I use CAPSLOCK key....it can be annoying to others when you got to type if its on, but it works well for me without interfering with any other currently used keys.

The answer is to right click on Vent icon and select Run as Administrator. That took care of a ton of problems for me.

seriously, took me no time to turn the annoying crap offand now it runs everything smooth and stable like... :D

and it is very pretty to look at. I love it :)

I run Vista and XP side by side, have for almost a year now, and by far XP has done better than Vista...in almost every area of testing...so I see no reason to use Vista, yeah, it looks better, but the cut into my performance is not worth it...

seriously, took me no time to turn the annoying crap offand now it runs everything smooth and stable like... :D

Speaking of which, is there any way to tell it to stop griping at you every time you boot telling you that the annoying crap is turned off? I just got my wife a new laptop, and it was my first experience with Vista. I don't think she cares, but every time that stupid bubble comes up and says "DANGER!!!!! You're not letting me nag you to death!!" I want to scream.

what, huh? I have Vista Ultimate 64bit version and the 64bit version of Vent and I have no issues like what you guys mention.

Vent works like a charm with WoW. It's just when running WaR it freaks out. I'll try the "run as admin" thing tonight.

Back