and i've got 256 megs of Ram.

I know that some textures in games maybe
refresh slowly with V-Sync disabled but
theres a performance increase.

Oh and my 3Dmark2001 score is 4751 without
V-Sync and with V-Sync turn on, 4428.

wow, 3dMark2k1 scores below 10,000?  you'd get so pwned on 3dMark2k3  
laugh.gif

the v-sync thing has been known for some time. it's really only useful when your recording the computer monitor.  it gets rid of that horizontal bar going down, I think.  (or is that h-sync... whatever.  vert and horizontal).  but otherwise, noone cares.

oh yeah, and for performance, turn down Antialiasing (AA) and autosynchronic (asynchronic?) filtering. more important for eye candy is AA, and the other one can be turned down a bit without much. 2x AA is generally the best compromise

I have an Athlon 550 w/ GF4 MX 420

the MX series is the economy line...
biggrin.gif
the GF4 MX series is basically a juiced-up GF2 Ti series card.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (amorphus88 @ Mar. 20 2003,7:14)]wow, 3dMark2k1 scores below 10,000?  you'd get so pwned on 3dMark2k3  
laugh.gif

the v-sync thing has been known for some time. it's really only useful when your recording the computer monitor.  it gets rid of that horizontal bar going down, I think.  (or is that h-sync... whatever.  vert and horizontal).  but otherwise, noone cares.

oh yeah, and for performance, turn down Antialiasing (AA) and autosynchronic (asynchronic?) filtering.  more important for eye candy is AA, and the other one can be turned down a bit without much.  2x AA is generally the best compromise

I have an Athlon 550 w/ GF4 MX 420

the MX series is the economy line...  
biggrin.gif
 the GF4 MX series is basically a juiced-up GF2 Ti series card.
How can you get 10000 with 3dmark 2001
if you got those specs, you seen my
specs on top post?

How much Ram do you have? Have you got
your CPU and Video card Overclocked?
rock.gif

If you're getting in the 4000s in 3D mark you wouldn't be able to hit the 10 000 mark even if God was overclocking your PC for ya heh.

V-Sync is supposed to syncronize what your video card renders with the monitor's refreash rate I believe, which would eliminate ghosting on an LCD. Don't bother with it if you've got a CRT.

And you mean "anistropic filtering" Amorphus.

Back