Warcraft Tactics

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
This might be kind of long, so you'll just have to endure it.

Scout- You have to control the map.  You need to know where your enemy is and you need to find the fastest and most strategic path into his base.

Creep- Level up your Hero! That’s a must!

Be Aggressive- When attacking work fast and be threatening.  Intimidate your opponent!

Mix your Units!- Don’t mass one type of unit.  The most effective way is most units of your choice and the rest of different types of units.  IE: Mostly grunts, but some shaman and other ranged and spell-casting units.  Your choice of units should change as your opponent’s strategy does.  If your opponent is Undead and using Fiends you should upgrade the armor of your footmen and also get the Defend ability since Fiends do piercing damage.

Get Multiple Heroes- As the game progresses you should get one other Hero.  As they both level up the two Heroes alone would double the power of your strike force.

Use Your Hero!- There is no point in playing if you don’t.  WarCraft was designed this way.

Expand!- As soon as you get enough money Upgrade your town hall, and expand. Expand after a successful attack.**

Unit Control-  Learn what your units can do!  Micromanagement is the KEY to winning.

Counter Attack! – After an unsuccessful attack on your base, *counter him! He will be least prepared for it.  Counter him quickly, while you have units to fight and he does not.

Have Goals- Don’t set your mind on winning the game; that’s too vague and long-distant.  Instead, have your mindset more specific such as killing the most units or saving more of your own.  Deny the enemy of all expansions or expand yourself.  Train more units or be more aggressive in your micromanagement.  Do something that will in turn win you the game; and will act as a side effect.  You can have multiple goals.  You can even change them; don’t commit to a few things and have them written in stone; that may be suicide.  Go with what works.

Develop your own Strategy-  Design your own build order/structure and the way you produce units and use them to attack.  You must plan what to do, BUT learn to be flexible.

Test your Strategies-  Even if you have one good strategy you should always be mixing and changing it up.  Try different forms of rushes, build different types of Heroes, train different sorts of units, and research different upgrades.  Doing this seasons you in the art of Warcraft and will make you a much better player, overall.

Be smart-  If you want to be good you must get experience yourself and be passionate/serious about gaming.  You must play!

Dynamic Strategies- The size of the map and number of players it holds, and your opponent’s race greatly influences what heroes and units you should produce.  For instance, if you are a Human playing against a Night Elf on Two Rivers you may want to choose an Archmage hero instead of the others.  The reason is that melee heroes, especially the Humans, tend to be much slower.  Because the Night Elves are so fast, and are also ranged, it is probably best that you train an Archmage that can match the speed and range of the Night Elves.  Also, you can use the Water Elemental as a tank to counter huntresses, and Blizzard to take down archers.  Understand that you do not necessarily have to kill enemy units with Blizzard; instead, try using it to scare them away.  If their units are running around they are not doing damage.

*If you are low on units, produce just enough for an invasion of the enemy’s base.  If you feel you are losing the battle, immediately withdraw and begin producing more units.  At the least, you should try to take out any of his remaining expansions.

**On smaller maps with fewer opponents or on a one vs one expanding may be the last thing you would want to do.  Instead, consider focusing your efforts and control on attacking the enemy, killing his troops, and instead forcing him to expand.  Run him around the map constantly fighting him until he must expand.  Remember to conserve and micro your units.  Use healing potions to restore both your Heroes’ and unit’s health.

Hmm, this guide should be posted on the Warcraft website soon.

Good job with the advice man,

And if anybody playing human is hurting against a rushing Archmage blizzarding your peasents, try getting the Mountain King first. His stormbolt's stunning effect stops heroes in the middle of their spells, thereby stopping blizzard. In general I take him as first anyway, cause stormbolt always is good intimidation to hero rushing, when you have a few footmen or just your wood peasents, having them surround his stunned hero or jsut getting close sends the "unwelcome here" message home real nicely.
I thought I'd drop that note since it crossed my mind... mostly wanted to give props to BOWSER. Again, good stuff.
smile.gif

I have a really cool tactic.
While playing humans in a 4 v 4, 3 v 3, 2 v 2, or 1 v 1. If you have the Achimage at level 6, purchase a creep from the store, and send it into your enimies base, YOU WONT EVEN BE NOTICED BY TOWERS! Then just teleport you and your army right to that creep.
biggrin.gif
. It works for me every time.

I like Casting invisiblity on peons as I get lots of lumber and sending them to my enemys expansion and main base Mass teloport into his main when he tps in then I mass teloport to the expansion and hes stuck.

Man is it just me or is there a major bug in these forums?

Anyway, the link to the strategy pages is ‘finally’ up. Actually Tek gave it to me a long time ago but I just now got around to posting it.

Click here to visit the Warcraft strategy homepage.

If you have any strategies you’d like to mention just post them here or send them to me and I’ll add them. I’ll post specific and general strategies. (Please, please be clear when describing and writing tactics so that everyone can understand.)

HornetLee84@msn.com

Back