Warriors

Draaco

1. As a tank --
first and foremost we are tanks for groups. When tanking a boss or high lvl elites...sunder, sunder, sunder, and when you've done enough sunders throw in some "heroic strikes" and a few "revenge" attacks which generates hate. Be sure to watch the healers and be ready to pull aggro off them.

If you enjoy tanking protection is a good talent line to put talent points in. One of the most important talents in the protection tree is "Defiance." This adds to the "hate" you build when in defensive stances and makes it less likely that a healer or dps class will pull the aggro off of you. but remember, you will be sacrificing damage while in defensive stance in order to hold aggro.

2. As a dps warrior --
There are a couple different builds you can use to generate high amounts of damage. My favorite is the 31/20/0 build. For PvP you have mortal strike which is the bane of any healing class (debuffs healing by %50 for 10 sec and does a fair amount of dmg).

In group pve I can out damage any class (not dps mind you). Sweeping strikes + Whirlwind = hitting 5 targets 2x and with a few critical strikes you will do a ton of damge and help bring down large groups of npc's rather fast.

3. Gear --
Gear is of utmost importance for us warriors. find high def armor and trinket/rings if you can for tanking. For pvp your most important stats are Stamina, Strength and Agility in that order imho.

I'll add more to this post when im not bored. if you have questions we have several excellent warriors in the guild. Samuraij, Gnomeggedon, Fjorboug, Thranwar, Alizak (up-and-coming).

Keerah is a fury warrior, still on 49 or so, but now I get some time to play her so I'll be going for 60. The build I am going is a dps build; in my solo grinding its doing good.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?pMhxbhbZVVzVMxRio

The biggest difference between fury and ms is that ms scales with a good 2h, fury scales with good gear. The jumps in between 2h weapons aren't that big as it is with gear. With good gear bloodthirst can hit for 2-3k, beserker rage + deathwish + whirlwind + bloodthirst = insta pwn. Piercing howl also comes in handy when mobs are running away.

Stance dancing - Changing from def/battle to beserker stance and then using beserker rage to avoid the fear from bosses/locks/priests and then going back into your previous stance. Deathwish is nice but the 20% armour reduction isnt on bosses in MC.

Magmadarr is really easy cause ctra gives the 5 seconds warning so most warriors should be able to do it. I assume it takes about 2-3 seconds to change to beserker stance and then get beserker rage off and then switch back into defensive. Just change up the warriors that do Mag every week so all the tanks know how to stance dance when it comes to Onyxia.

In Onyxia there is no ctra warning, but at the north end where the tank is usually the ground rumbles (moves up and down) before she does her fear. It's easier to see the ground rumble from the MT's position as opposed to the sides. She fears after 3 seconds of the ground rumbling, so it is borderline for stance dance. Incase the MT gets feared have an Offtank taunt onyxia and face her north so she doesn't flame breath an entire side. Nefarian is pretty much the same in terms of fear.

Here's a mod for berserker rage with 1 click
http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-2754-1-berserkerrage.html

1. As a tank --
first and foremost we are tanks for groups. When tanking a boss or high lvl elites...sunder, sunder, sunder, and when you've done enough sunders throw in some "heroic strikes" and a few "revenge" attacks which generates hate. Be sure to watch the healers and be ready to pull aggro off them.

If you enjoy tanking protection is a good talent line to put talent points in. One of the most important talents in the protection tree is "Defiance." This adds to the "hate" you build when in defensive stances and makes it less likely that a healer or dps class will pull the aggro off of you. but remember, you will be sacrificing damage while in defensive stance in order to hold aggro.

I have something to add to that.

Instead of sunder, sunder, sunder. You should try to sunder as many times as you can but as soon as you see revenge pop up you should hit that and then continue to sunder since Revenge will give you more agro on the mob. Once you get 5 sunders you should be hitting revenge and heroic strike the most with an occasional sunder so that the 5 sunders will stay up so the mob/boss can go down even faster.

Also, if you have heard that the spec makes the better tank. It is not true. Yes if you are prot speced then yes you can get agro quicker. But it doesn't really make taht big of a difference. Prot speced just mainly gives you another 2 more agro holders. But all together any spec can keep you good.

Last edited:
Back