Was Jesus born with all his wisdom and knowledge?

Kalcsu

Did Jesus know all that he new at the end of his life when he was born? Did he use the time in his life before preaching to learn about God and his word?

Also...

He asked questions:
Luke 2:46-47 Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers.

He did not know the time of the end of the age or His return:
Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Still asked if it was possible to avoid His death:
Matthew 26:39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.

Christ is God in that He is without sin. In being without sin His relationship with God is perfect, always doing God's will and able to ask God the things He did not know. He did not possess omniscient knowledge in His own "human" brain. So yes He had to learn things. The entire point of Christ is to be a perfect man, an example and sacrifice for our redemption, if He had manifested supernatural ability of Himself it couldn't have been said He walked in our shoes and knows our pain. In fact the devil tried to tempt Him to manifest Himself as God in the desert Mathew 4:1-4 which would have negated the point of Him living as a man.

Last edited:
Back