Watchmen, will you watch-it

rizz

Providing the Fox legal battle ends and we see the release of Watchmen in march 09... who is going to see it.. I guess peopel fall into three categories here.

1. People who have no idea what it is
2. People who know what it is
3. Super geek robots who spend all hours of the day creating Watchmen merchandise out of paper mache and pine cones.

I fall into #2 gladly.. am re-reading the graphic novel to catch up and am excited about the movie.. Same director as 300 so the style should be good, and we know the plot is good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen_(film)

Is anyone already on this bandwagon? I dont know how Christians in general will respond to some of the imagery in the film/novel, but the novel itself is the only comic book to have received literary awards and been in Time magazines top books list.

Anyway, discuss... thought it would make a change from politics... (although there are numerous political nuances and deep sub-plots in Watchmen.. its not about Obama..lol)

I'm number 4: I know what it is, but have NO idea what the hype is.

I actually own the complete graphic novel...picked it up many moons ago, tried reading it and thought it was a borefest.

I still have no idea why it's regarded so highly.

It DOES contain many mature themes...this is definitely not X-Men or Fantastic Four.

But yeah, I'll have to give it a shot.

I loved it up until about the last few pages, I felt the author could have done a much better job on the ending...

But yes, I will definitely be there to watch it in theaters.

Didn't David Hayter do the screenplay? Or was that a completely different Watchmen project. I know he had something to do with the screenplay of some Watchmen something. I'm sure I'll eventually see it anyway, once I catch up on things I haven't seen over the past 2 years.

I read about it, here.

They are trying out to see if they can use Unknown Superheroes that can franchise as much as the Known Superheroes.

Known
Hulk, Iron Man, Spider Man, etc.

Unknown
Darkman, The Rocketeer, The Shadow, etc.

I wouldn't mind watching it, maybe even own it on DVD, as I own some Unknown Superhero movies. ;)

WHAT! Theres a Mega-Man film!? :eek:

http://www.megamanfilm.com/

Last edited:
I'm in catagory #2!

Rorschach.jpg

Rorschach​

never heard of it, hated the style of 300, thought it was a very lame and poorly done movie, but i'll prolly be stuck with #1s and #2s that want to go see it and thus end up seeing it myself

lol..

The graphic novel was received so well for trying to break the genre (no thought bubbles, all the empathy was done through facial expressions and narrative tacked onto the end of each section).. also it gained fame for deconstructing the super hero and showing characters with serious flaws.

Zack Snyder is the director and i think he updated the screenplay. I dunno who did it originally. But yeh, if you hated 300 then you wont like this much. Its very arty, dark, adult themed etc... Personally i favour the adult comic t film creations to the kids ones.. Sin City and 300 were great films imo.

lol..

The graphic novel was received so well for trying to break the genre (no thought bubbles, all the empathy was done through facial expressions and narrative tacked onto the end of each section).. also it gained fame for deconstructing the super hero and showing characters with serious flaws.

Zack Snyder is the director and i think he updated the screenplay. I dunno who did it originally. But yeh, if you hated 300 then you wont like this much. Its very arty, dark, adult themed etc... Personally i favour the adult comic t film creations to the kids ones.. Sin City and 300 were great films imo.

Then you need to check out the Punisher MAX series.

punisher3.jpg

Back